"Great"

The next couple of days Alice kept forcing Archie and Betty together. She didn't like the thought of her daughter just hanging around some "boy", so she had decided to set her up with who she thought was the "perfect match". Archie was very happy and even started calling Betty his girlfriend, without her permission of course. Betty on the other hand didn't like Archie at all, and kept coming up with excuses to why they couldn't hang out. She still hadn't talked to Jughead, but she decided today was the day. It was Thursday morning and Betty was getting ready for school. She grabbed her bag and walked out the door. Unfortunately she had to walk past Archie's house, but luckily he didn't see her. She was very early and when she arrived at the blue and gold office it was only 7:10. She had 20 minutes to spend, so she decided to brainstorm ideas for a new article. She had texted Jughead to meet her at 7:20, but he hadn't texted her back, so she didn't know if he was coming. Maybe he just haven't seen it, she thought while sitting down. About ten minutes later the door swung open and a very breathless Jughead walked in.
- Wow you look... out of breath. Have you been running?
It took him a few seconds to answer.
- I wasn't. Sure. If I would. Make it in time. So I decided. To run
- Well you made it just on time, it's 7:20 now
Jughead smiled and sat down in front of her.
- So you wanted to talk?
He asked.
- Yes, or no. I just feel like we haven't talked in days an-
She said, before Jughead cut her off.
- Eleven days to be exact
Betty was holding in her laugh.
- Not that I've been keeping count or anything...
- Aha
She said before bursting out laughing. Soon Jughead laughed with her, and it took a couple of minutes before one of them said anything.
- Okay, but I just wanted to talk
Betty said still laughing a little.
- About what exactly?
- I don't know, anything
She said trying to avoid his look.
- About your new boyfriend for example?
Jughead asked looking directly into her eyes.
- What?
Betty asked surprised.
- You and Archie?
- Oh, I wouldn't say he's my boyfriend
- Well he definitely thinks so
Instead of telling the truth about how her mother had arranged it all, she decided to play along. She wanted to see if he would get jealous.
- Well maybe he is my boyfriend then, but I mean it just happened
- You don't have to explain yourself to me, but I mean I think it's great that you and Archie are a couple now
- Really? Great?
- Yes of course, why wouldn't it be?
- Oh, no reason
She said looking away. She was kinda sad he didn't get jealous at all, but she tried to hide it and changed the subject. They kept talking, until the bell rang and they had to go to class. The rest of the day Jughead felt incredibly stupid. He didn't want to seem too bothered by their relationship, but did he really have to say it was great. Inside he was breaking. He couldn't believe that Betty had a boyfriend, and that it was Archie! Betty had always hated Archie and said he was dum and too self observed. He couldn't believe she was actually dating him now. He was very jealous, and when he met Betty at lunch he tried to avoid talking about anything other than school. Betty found that a little weird, since he had just been totally okay with it, but tried to ignore it. Inside she was very sad. She had really thought he liked her, I mean it was him who gave her his number. She was angry at herself for not doing something sooner, as she thought it was too late, and he didn't like her anymore. The hole day she was kinda depressed, because she thought he didn't like her at all. Or at least not in the way she wanted him to.