After school

When school was over, Jughead quickly went home and texted Betty. Hey, I saw you leaving early, and wondered if you were okay? he wrote. Betty saw the text, but waited before answering. I wasn't feeling very well, she finally wrote, which was partially true. I hope you get better soon and don't worry you didn't miss anything, besides Cheryl getting into a fight with the teacher about our English assignment. Betty smiled before remembering why, she left so early. She closed her phone and pulled out her diary.

Suddenly she heard the sound of the front door opening. She then heard a couple of footsteps, and suddenly her mother was standing in the doorway with an angry look on her face.

- You left school early, why? She said demanding an answer.

- I wasn't feeling well. Who told you that?

- Cheryl did, she's such a lovely girl. She also told me something about a boy. Is there something you're not telling me Elizabeth?!

- Relax mom. As I told Cheryl he's just working with me in the newspaper.

Alice gave her a pierced look, before leaving and slamming the door behind her. Betty pulled her phone out and texted Cheryl. Wth Cheryl, I thought you said, you wouldn't tell her!? Within minuets Cheryl replied. I said I wouldn't tell her about the Jones boy, and I didn't. Technically she was right. Her mother didn't mention his name, so Cheryl had kept her promise. Whatever, Betty wrote before once again closing her phone. She was angry and sad, but she had nobody to talk to about it. She continued writing in her diary until her mother yelled, it was time for dinner.

 At the dinner table everyone was silent, until Alice decided to speak up.

- So Elizabeth. I've set up a date for you tomorrow. You need to be ready at 8.

Betty's eyes widened, and she almost dropped her fork.

- What, mom! With who?

- Oh you know Archie, the neighbours' son.

- You can't just do that. Dad?!

Alice gave her husband a looming stare, and he just nodded without saying a word. Archie was the name of the boy, who lived next door. He went to school with Betty and was captain of the football-team. When they were kids, she was always forced to play with him, because their parents were friends. She was extremely angry at her mother and immediately left the table.

Before she left, she saw her brother's smug smile. She couldn't believe them, and they were supposed to be this happy and loving family. Bullshit, she thought, before slamming the door to her room and throwing herself on the bed. Tears were starting to well up in her eyes, and she clutched her pillow.

A Bughead storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें