Can we talk?

J: Hey. I know we haven't spoken all day, but could you come outside for a moment?

Betty was confused. She was glad, he had texted her, but why did he ask her to come outside. She quickly put on her coat and went down the stairs, trying not to wake up her parents or her annoying brother. Neither her parents or her brother knew about them. She knew they wouldn't approve of him, of anyone for that matter. "Boys are a waste of time, a distraction" as her mother always said. She walked outside closing the door behind her, turning to see him sitting on the stairs leading up to her house.

- Hey...

She said awkwardly making him turn his head.

- Can we talk?

Was all he asked. He looked worried which made Betty think. Did he want to break up with her? No he wouldn't do that, would he? It was just a fight.

- Betty?

Jughead asked, snapping her out of her thoughts, and she realised, she had frozen. Betty nodded before taking his arm and dragging him along the street, until she was sure, they were out of sight. She then sighed and looked at Jughead expecting him to say something like: I'm sorry Betty, I just don't think we're gonna work out, I think we're gonna have to break up. But instead he said:

- I'm really sorry, that I talked to you the way I did Betty. You're right, I don't know Veronica as well as you do, and I shouldn't get mad at you. I don't know why I reacted the way I did, I just really hope, we can put all this behind us and continue where we left off?

Betty looked deeply into his eyes, and she could see he meant it. And for a second, just a second, she thought, she saw a tear forming in his eyes. He really cared about her, and he didn't just want to break up with her. Betty took a deep breath before saying:

- I'm sorry too Jug. I know, I shouldn't talk about her that way, I was just so angry at her for trying to break us up, and I don't know. I just kind of snapped

He smiled at her before leaning forward, closing the space between them. Betty kissed him back, putting her arms around his neck. They kissed for a couple of seconds, before Betty pulled away.

- The fight was actually kind of stupid wasn't it

She said laughing, and he laughed as well.

- Let's not let anything come between us again, ever?

- Deal

He said before connecting their lips once again. And so there they were. Two people with strong feelings about each other, thinking that nothing or no one could break them apart. But oh were they wrong...

(A/N Oooohhh... Cliffhanger, or kind of. Hope you liked this chapter, and get ready for the next one which will be very exciting... I kind of thought I had given up on this story, but apparently not. I tried to make this chapter, as promised, a little longer, which I think turned out pretty good. I guess I'll just get started on the next one so hopefully I'll see ya soon:)