The talk

After school Betty waited for Jughead, but he was nowhere to be seen. She started to walk home, when she suddenly saw Jughead talking to Veronica. What the hell is going on? She asked herself. They seemed quite happy, and Betty couldn't really figure out what they were talking about. Even though she knew she could trust Jughead, she was still unsure. I mean technically they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet, at least not officially. Did he not think they were together? Or was Veronica trying to flirt with him. Suddenly Veronica looked her way, and Betty pretended not to look. Veronica quickly said something to Jughead, and went her way. Jughead still hadn't seen Betty, until he suddenly started walking towards her. He looked up and smiled brightly, when he saw her.
- Hey
He said walking up to her.
- Where have you been?
She asked wanting to see if he would tell her about the talk with Veronica.
- Oh, I just had some school stuff to do. I'm done now, if you wanna do anything?
- We can do that
Betty said shrugging her shoulders, trying not to act to angry or jealous. Maybe he had a good reason not to tell her, or maybe he just didn't think it was that big of a deal. To be honest it was a very short talk.
- We can maybe take a walk
- Sure
Jughead started walking, and Betty followed. After a while they came to the river. Betty weren't too exited about it all, but tried to act natural.
- So why'd you bring me out here?
She asked looking around. He stopped and turned around to face her.
- Well you se-
He started to say, but she cut him off.
- Okay listen.
She sighed and gave him a serious look.
- I saw you talking to Veronica after school today. Which I thought was weird since you didn't tell me. I'm not mad I just wanna know why you didn't tell me? Were you that afraid of my reaction?
Jughead smiled a little, and Betty became even more annoyed with him. Why was he smiling, did he think this was funny?!
- Actually that's the reason I brought you out here, and what I was going to say, before you cut me off
- The reason I was talking to Veronica wasn't, because I was flirting with her or anything like that
He said, and Betty looked at him.
- I was actually asking her about you. I wanted to surprise you, and since she's your best friend, I thought she could help me. So I asked her, of course like a friend, and she told me, you loved Sweetwater river, so I thought that was the perfect opportunity to ask you
- Ask me about what?
- Betty Cooper, will you be my girlfriend?
Betty's mouth almost dropped, that weren't at all what she had expected.
- And I don't mean in that weird "baby" kind of way
He quickly added, which made her laugh.
- Jughead Jones, I would be honoured to
She said smiling at him.
- I mean you don't hav-
He said trying to be funny, before Betty crashed their lips together.
- By the way
Betty said pulling away.
- I don't wanna ruin the moment, I just thought you should know, I really don't like Sweetwater river
Jughead laughed and reconnected their lips.