Unexpected

It was now December and three months after Archie had threatened Jughead to stay away from Betty. Jughead didn't care at all and had if possible spent even more time with her. Meanwhile Betty was getting really tired of Archie and was planning on breaking up with him, she just didn't know when. Neither Jughead or Archie had told Betty about the threat, so she didn't have a clue. Since Betty now had a boyfriend that wasn't Jughead, Veronica also started talking to her again, and they kinda made up. Veronica still didn't like Betty and Jughead's friendship, but she thought, that if she was with Betty, she couldn't be with Jughead. She had also kinda missed having Betty as her friend, but didn't wanna admit it. It was now Sunday morning and Betty had just finished breakfast. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Her and Jughead had made plans to go to pops today, so she expected it to be him.
- Hey yo-
She said before realising it was Archie.
- Hey babe
He said and Betty cringed at the nickname. She hated it when he called her babe or baby.
- Hey... What are you doing here?
She asked trying not to sound too disappointed or annoyed.
- Just thought we could hang out, unless you have anything else to do?
- I don't. Or well me and Veronica had actually made plans for today
She lied. Hopefully he would buy it and leave, before Jughead came. See Betty knew that Archie didn't like Jughead and vice versa, but she had no idea how much. She also had no idea that they were friends in the past.
- Well do you have to go now?
Archie asked trying to be cute, but Betty just thought, it was weird.
- Actually I do, but I'll see you at school tomorrow
She said trying to get him to leave.
- Can I at least walk you to school tomorrow?
He said in a pleading voice, which Betty thought was very annoying. But she didn't really think she had a choice.
- Sure
She said as that presumably was the only way to make him go.
- Great
He said while going in for a kiss, but she stepped back and he fell on the ground. He quickly got up, gave her an embarrassing smile and left. Betty breathed a sigh of relief and closed the door. Soon Jughead came and they went to pops.