The date

It was 7:55 PM, and Betty was sitting in her room, waiting. She still hadn't spoken to Jughead, or Veronica for that matter. Now she was waiting for Archie to pick her up. Luckily her mom wasn't home, because she really didn't feel like dressing up. My mother arranged a date for me how sad, she thought.

Within ten minutes the doorbell rang. Betty grabbed her phone and walked down the stairs. She opened the door to see a smiling Archie holding a bucket of flowers.

- These are for you, he said handing her the pink bucket.

- Thank you, she said, taking a good look at the flowers. Even though she was getting really tired of pink, she didn't want to be rude.

- Shall we go, he asked, and she nodded.

She quickly found a vase for the flowers and proceeded to follow Archie to his car. The drive to Pop's was very awkward, but fortunately it didn't last long.

- So Betty. I'm really happy your mom set us up, Archie said, when they sat down in a booth.

- Yeah, Betty said with a fake smile.

- So are you always writing in that diary of yours?

Betty gave him a weird look. How did he even know about that? Archie seemed to understand her confusion, and quickly explained.

- I've seen you writing through your window

- Oh. Well when I'm not doing homework or working on the blue and gold yes.

She was trying to be nice but was getting a little uncomfortable. A few minutes past, and a waitress came to take their orders.

- So what about you? All I know is that you're captain of the football-team, Betty asked, after they had ordered.

Apparently Archie loved talking about himself and 20 minutes later, when their food came, he still wasn't done talking. Betty tried to act interested, but in reality she was bored stiff. Not only was it a little creepy that he had watched her through his window, but he also kept talking about himself. So when he finally dropped her off, she was incredibly relieved. At first he tried to kiss her, but she turned her face, so he gave her this weird hug. It had been an awful day, and she really hoped her mother was done interfering in her love-life, but oh was she wrong.