14

"Raeha... here wear these." I said as I gave you a pair of white sweatpants and a light blue sweater.

"Oh- these are girl's clothes..." You stated examining the clothes a smile spread across your face.

"Yeah, these are Si hyeon's, my uh- girlfriend's" I mumbled rubbing the nape of my neck as I saw your smile dropped.

"She wouldn't mind would she?" You said as you nervously fiddled with your fingers and the clothes in your hands.

"She would never. She's a really giving person. Don't worry about her and wear these, you've been wearing that uniform since you came." I stated making you look down at the uniform you were wearing.

"Raeha... may I ask you something?" I said sounding inquisitive.

"Mhmm..." You said looking at me intently waiting for the question.

"Why were you crying, sitting there at the footpath that day?" I said and suddenly your eyes filled up with tears. Your face went red again and the same sadness took over you. I suddenly felt guilty by asking you such a question.

"Well... I don't have any family so I used to live with an aunt to whom I'd pay rent. I earned by working at a little cafe. That day, when it was raining I was already on my way to the cafe, I- I got scared and had to run into hiding. I had got multiple penalties before for arriving late and this time the- they fired me..." You narrated the whole incident that happened that day and suddenly your head hung low before letting out the last part of your sentence.

"I was crying because I was scared.

Scared of the rain..."

You continued as your eyes glistened due to the film of water covering them, your voice becoming shaky yet again.