30

'The mall has closed'

The announcement was heard.

"What's going on, Felix?" You called my name, fear in your voice.

"Don't worry the mall closed out, but we'll find a way out..." I tried assuring you even though I was dead worried myself. It was Saturday that day and the mall was to remain closed on Sundays.

"Felix, you're wet... you'll catch a cold if you remain like this..." You said worried starring at my body, the wet fabric stuck to my well toned upper body. I suddenly felt a slight blush appear on my cheeks but I'm glad that you couldn't clearly see it due to the dim lights of the mall.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine... Let's get out of here first." I rejoined.

Saying that I reached for your hand and intertwined mine with it and pulled you to your feet. You slightly stumbled due to the impact but I held onto your waist steadying you in one position.

"Ahem- uh.. let's go..." You said pulling away from me and moving towards the staircase that led to the lower floors.

"Uh- Raeha... I think I dropped my phone somewhere in the mall... could you please call me?" I said shuffling through my pockets looking for my phone.

"Uh... Felix, my battery has died down..." You said looking at me with puppy eyes. Taking your phone out of your handbag.

What were we going to do? The mall wasn't going to open for another day and it was cold and we had no place to live, neither any food to eat. I got so frustrated that I wanted to break stuff but I had to remain strong in front of you because I knew how soft-hearted you were and that you'd get scared instantly.

"Oh, that's okay...we'll find another way..." I said reassuring you.

We ventured around the mall, thanking God that the owners didn't turn the lights out completely. It got really late as I looked down at my watch as it read 1:00 a.m; exactly 1 hour had passed since we'd been trapped.

I was getting hungry slowly, and then seconds later I heard your stomach growl.

"Uh..." You stuttered feeling embarrassed.

Then my eyes landed on the board

'KFC (Korean Fried Chicken)'