29

Without thinking anymore I jumped onto the wet pavement as the clouds totally emptied themselves onto my mere being. I hopped here and there throwing all the bags aside, swirling in the rain having the time of my life, feeling alive.

But just as I was enjoying myself, my eyes landed on your horrified face. Fear taking over from head to toe, as you inched closer to the door frame of the mall. Your eyes were filled with extreme shock and horror as tears dripped down your big eyes painting your cheeks with wet stains. You hugged yourself as I saw you getting uncomfortable by each second.

"Raeha! What's wrong? Come over here! Let's play" I shouted calling for you, but instead of coming towards me you dropped all of the items you had in your hands and ran back into the mall. I couldn't understand anything so I just decided to follow after you. I carried all the stuff you had dropped and then I went in after you.

"Raeha!" I called but you were nowhere to be seen. I searched for so long but you weren't seen anywhere and the mall was about to close in half an hour, I couldn't leave you here in the mall... So I continued searching.

15 minutes later I got at the very top floor of the mall where it was mostly vacant as that floor was still under construction, over there I finally saw you sitting with your back against the wall as you had plugged your ears with a few cotton balls I assume you found here and there. Your eyes were closed, as I soon discovered that you had fallen into a deep sleep.

"Raeha? Let's go home..." I called but there was no response. I went closer up to you as I leant forward placing my hand on your shoulder.

I suppose it must have startled you. that you literally screamed and jumped onto me, wrapping your arms around my neck pulling me closer and crying into the crook of my neck as all I could do in response was comfort you by rubbing my hand on the small of your back.

"It's alright... I'm here, right by your side... Don't ever cry again Raeha." A few soothing words slipped from my heart onto my tongue. A few minutes passed by as your grip on my neck slowly started loosening, I felt a heavy burden leave my chest as you finally stopped weeping.

Just then I remembered your words:

"I was crying because I was scared.

Scared of the rain..."

But the actual question was... Why were you so scared of the rain?

And just then all the lights of the mall went out. Everything went dark.