42

"Doctor! How is she?" I scampered towards the doctor who had just exited the ER (Emergency room).

"Mr. Lee, a vessel in the brain got damaged and there has been quite some bleeding... she had a severe hemorrhage hence we need to operate her really quickly..." The doctor said in a hopeless tone.

My body started aching at the thought of you being in pain. I wanted to help you in any way possible.

"Please, please proceed with the operation... Just save her life!" I begged as my face was once again stained with tears.

"There is a risk that you must know before we start the operation..." The doctor rejoined grabbing my attention.

"What is it?" I said looking up to face him.

"Ms. Raeha might lose some of her memories..." He said making my world spin. How could you lose all of our precious memories...

What if you forgot me?

"Please carry on with the operation..." I said staring into space.

In that moment nothing mattered to me more than saving your life, even if it had to be you forgetting me for an entire lifetime. Even if you had to forget how much I loved you, even if I'd die longing for you to kiss me...

I'd always choose your life over mine. I couldn't be selfish.

"Have you contacted her family?" The doctor stated.

"She doesn't have any family, hence leave all the information and details to be filled in under my name... I am her only family" I said confidentially staring into the doctor's eyes. He nodded and went back into the ER.

"We are now shifting Park Raeha to the OT (Operation Theatre)..." The doctor said a few seconds later as his whole staff exited the ER along with your body that laid peacefully on the stretcher. I forced my steps forward trying to get a better view of your pale face.

"Please hang in there..." I whispered lowering myself to your level, giving your hand one gentle squeeze before they rolled the wheels of your bed steering you away leaving me to be engulfed with nothing but sheer emptiness.