41

They portray in movies, events like such to slow down. Before this day, I had envisioned that all of this was just part of fiction, but today when I saw your body fly into mid air, your face scrunched up as it met with the hard gritty ground and how your skin tore up releasing that crimson liquid...

My life was exactly mimicking those movie scenes. Everything in my surroundings seemed to have slowed down like a snail. Everything happened so fast yet so slow even then, I couldn't do anything about it.

The sound of horns blared in a distance but all of it was illuminated by your body slumped on the ground like a lifeless entity. I couldn't hear anything over my screaming heart.

"RAEHA!" I shouted as I scurried towards your body lying on the gravel.

I gently tilted your body that was facing the earthy ground, and lifted you supporting your head with my arms. Your beautiful brown orbs that once held this shy liveliness were now somewhat dead, no they were murdered. Your face were stained with blood that continuously flowed down your forehead creating an artistic pattern on your beautiful facade.

"Raeha, please- please stay with me..." I literally begged as tears unintentionally made their way down my cheeks.

I don't even know what I was doing at that moment, I don't know when I reached you or what I was saying because I was almost unconscious, My whole body had gone numb but God kept me going and functioning because it felt as if I was brain dead.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket and blankly stared at the screen that lit up. I didn't know what to do, my hands were trembling and I couldn't even type in the three easy digits.

"CALL 911!" I heard a lady holler nearby.

I couldn't function properly as I saw your chest heave up and down very slowly. Gladly, a man nearby came just in time and pulled my phone out of my grip and called the authorities or else I would've been doomed.

Soon an ambulance arrived and pulled you out of grip and onto a stretcher but our hands were still intertwined as they hurried us into the ambulance, you had an oxygen mask around your face which was providing your lifeless body with some life.

Till now I had believed that you were the reason behind my smile, but today I learned that you were the reason I was alive.

You were my life, and seeing you endangered like that made me feel like I was going to die.