3

LION LEGACY
3. The Dragon Queen

   At Dragonstone, waves were crashing against rocks and washing over the beach of the island

At Dragonstone, waves were crashing against rocks and washing over the beach of the island. Numerous men were pulling Robb's boat onto the shore while Robb, Ser Edric, and Ser Davos were walking onto the beach towards where Tyrion stood with an unknown women Missandei and numerous Dothraki guards.

"Robb Stark," Tyrion greeted Robb once the man reached him, nodding his head slightly.

"Lord Tyrion," Robb responded, the two men staring at each other for a long moment before they stepped forward and shook each other's hand.

"I believe we last saw each other at Winterfell," Tyrion pointed out to Robb, who simply nodded his head in response.

"You created a saddle for my brother Bran, if I remember correctly," Robb explained, pointing toward the scar across Tyrion's face, "You picked up some scars along the road."

Tyrion nodded his head in agreement, sighing in defeat. "So have you. It's been a long road. But we're both still here," He explained, just before turning to address Ser Davos, "I'm Tyrion Lannister."

"Davos Seaworth," He introduced himself in a calm tone as they shook hands.

"Ah, the Onion Knight," Tyrion realized, "We fought on opposite sides at the Battle of Blackwater Bay."

"Unluckily for me," Ser Davos commented for more reasons than one.

Tyrion took a deep breath, just before turning to look at Ser Edric, the man he heard so much about. "You must be Ser Edric Dayne, the first Sword of the Morning since Ser Arthur Dayne and the Lord Commander of my neice's Queensguard." He explained, earning a small nod from Ser Edric.

"I am, my lord," He replied, making no attempt to shake Tyrion's hand.

Tyrion didn't mention it, though, and instead turned to introduce Missandei to the group. "Missandei is the queen's most trusted advisor."

"Welcome to Dragonstone," She greeted the group, smiling slightly as she bowed her head, "Our queen knows this is a long journey. She appreciates the effort you have made on her behalf. If you wouldn't mind handing over your weapons."

Robb frowned, turning to exchange a look with Ser Davos and Ser Edric. Sighing in defeat, Robb turned to address the rest of the group, nodding his head in encouragment, "Of course," He responded, smiling, despite it being fake.

The Dothraki guard wasted no time moving to take the weapons. Robb and Edric, who were the most hesitant, slowly untied their swords before handing them over. He frowned, turning his head to watch as the Dothraki picked up his boat and began to carry it away from them.

"Please, this way," Missandei encouraged the group, Ser Davos being the first to follow before the rest came soon after.

After briefly speaking with Missandei, Ser Davos slowed his pace in order to speak with Robb and Edric. "This place has changed," He whispered to them in a hushed tone.