29

LION'S LEGACY
29. Promise Me

Weeks had passed and seeing as though she had nothing else better to do, Annalys sat at the desk in her room at Sunspeare, writing a letter to Robb

Weeks had passed and seeing as though she had nothing else better to do, Annalys sat at the desk in her room at Sunspeare, writing a letter to Robb. She had a hand placed on her belly, which had now become more visible, but Annalys still managed to hide it. She was more than six months now and within a fortnight, she'd be seven months. She had been writing a letter to Robb nearly every day since leaving King's Landing, but didn't send a single one. She had them all placed in a journal, saving them for when she actually arrived back home.

Each of them were detailed about everything, including the pregnancy. She wanted to make sure that even if he hadn't been there for it, he'd feel like he had been. She knew it always meant a lot to him to be there for the pregnancy. It always did and even if he had been there for apart of the time she had been pregnant Torrhen and Joanna, it hadn't been the entire time. The only one of Annalys' pregnancy he had been there for the entirety of it was Rickard, the most difficult of the pregnancies.

There was a knock on the door, leading to Annalys turning her head as she removed her hand from being placed on her belly, snapped out of her thoughts. "Enter," She spoke up and before Annalys could react, a group of midwives ran in, looking alarmed.

"Your Grace! Your Grace!" They exclaimed in horror, their eyes wide, "The Princess Myrcella has given birth. There has been some complications."

Feeling alarmed as well, Annalys stood up and rushed off with them. She soon entered her sister's room, finding her laying in bed, dying. She was sweating severely and blood covered the skirt of her shift and the bedsheets as well.

Annalys tried her best to hold back her seats as she knelt in front of her sister's dying body. She couldn't it was happening. Another person in her family was going to die. She began to fear that she was cursed.

"Annalys..." Myrcella trailed off, her voice weak and her throat scratchy, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Annalys exclaimed, giving her younger sister a deeply confused look as she placed a hand on Myrcella's pale cheek, "You've done nothing."

Myrcella slowly lifted up her right hand, which was covered in blood. Not caring about the blood, Annalys grabbed ahold of her sister's hand, squeezing it in comfort. "I've been so cold to you. It's only because I've missed you," She whispered softly, beginning to smile, despite it being the weakest of them all, "You've got everything you've ever wanted. You're a queen. You've got a warrior husband. You've got the love of thousands, despite being a Lannister and you've got seven healthy children. I've been pregnant twice before and lost the baby both times. Now that I've given birth to healthy child, I'm going to die."

"You're not going to die, Cella," Annalys argued in a stern tone, trying her hardest not to cry as she found herself having flashback of Freyja, the woman she had spent years forcing herself not to think about, "I'm here. I'm here with you. You'll get through this. I know it."