18

LION'S LEGACY
18. Name Day

   Days had passed and as he wore only breeches, Robb walked up to Annalys from behind in their chambers

Days had passed and as he wore only breeches, Robb walked up to Annalys from behind in their chambers. He smiled, wrapping his arms around her from the back as he placed a kiss to her cheek. "How is it that you've been home more than a week and I've still allowed you to wear so many clothes?" He playfully asked, causing Annalys to quietly chuckle as he pulled away from her.

He grabbed ahold of her hair, moving it to one shoulder before he began to untie the back of her dress. "I don't know," Annalys replied, speaking in a mocking tone, "I've been asking myself the exact same question lately."

"It seems we'll have to change that," Robb told Annalys, causing her to turn her head to kiss him on the lips briefly before they pulled away, "I mean, what's the point of officially being named King of Westeros if I can't keep you naked all day long?"

Annalys quietly laughed, shaking her head as Robb began to untie the back of her dress. Once he was finished, Robb slipped the dress off her body and let it pool at his wife's feet, which left her in only a shift. He grabbed her by the hand before spinning her around, causing her to finally turn to face him fully.

He leaned forward, pressing his lips firmly against hers. He placed his right hand on her thigh, beginning to slip it underneath her shift when he suddenly stopped. Annalys frowned, feeling concerned as he pulled away from the kiss. He turned his head slightly, avoiding eye contact with her.

Annalys watched him closely, only to realize what was happening. She turned her head a bit, allowing her to hear what had Robb so tensed up.

It had been four years since the song, "The Lannisters Never Forget" had been created in honor of Annalys' victory against Stannis. When it was created, it became known as a reminder to everyone what happened when people crossed Annalys Lannister.

As Tywin's song, "The Rains of Castamere" was his generation and his children's generation's song for House Lannister, Annalys' song became and her children's.

"What?" Annalys asked, sounding almost annoyed, "I can't help that the bands here at court choose to play it." She paused, noticing the knowing look Robb gave her, "Fine. I enjoy when it's played. What do you want me to say? I like the fact that many songs have been created in the name of our victories. I enjoy the thought of the The Lannisters Never Forget being played all throughout Westero and I like how it reminds people never to betray me."

"Well, I don't," Robb retorted truthfully, sighing in frustration, "It reminds me of the Rains of Castamere."

Annalys scoffed loudly, rolling her eyes as she turned her back to Robb. "Yet another song you disliked and insisted I ban from court," She complained, clearly annoyed with Robb at that moment, "You know, I actually like that song. But for you, I got rid of it. I got rid of my mother for good. I merged our House's banners. I got rid of all the Lannister songs usually played here at court. I invited Brienne of Tarth to court to be on my Queensguard because you wanted someone truly loyal to you on the royal guard. I've gotten rid of nearly everything that once brought me joy here solely so that you could be happy."