72

LION'S LEGACY
72. Winter

     At Casterly Rock, Lyanna stood in front of two dozen men from the Westerlands, Ser Edric, Jaime, and Theon at her side

At Casterly Rock, Lyanna stood in front of two dozen men from the Westerlands, Ser Edric, Jaime, and Theon at her side. Lady's Wrath was sheathed at her belt and both Grey Wind and Dawn sat at her feet.

"Why are we here, Lady Lyanna?" The man questioned, sounding disdained.

Many began to think that Lyanna wasn't going to take back King's Landing as everyone expected her to. It upset many of them since many had prayed for such a thing to happen. She was supposed to be everyone's savior.

However, nearly a year had passed since Lyanna took back Casterly Rock and yet, she had done nothing but sit in her castle and make no attempt to take back her family's throne.

In truth, she was waiting. Waiting for news to spread about her father's 'marriage' to Margaery Tyrell and finally, she received a raven speaking of it. At that moment, she knew it was time.

"You fought for my mother for years, Lord Lefford," She realized and the man nodded in confirmation.

"Yes, for what?" The man asked with disgust, "For her to die and have an heir who sits back and does nothing as the entire country is at war?"

Lord Lefford began to feel uneasy, noticing the look on Lyanna's face. It was emotionless. Not the one her mother used to give, either. It was the look of Tywin Lannister. The look that once had even Joffrey trembling.

"My mother and father are alive," Lyanna suddenly informed the man, who was immediately stunned speechless by the news, "Margaery Tyrell has annulled my mother and father's marriage. She knows that by doing so, not only can she marry my father, she can consider us all bastards. What she doesn't seem to remember is my mother and father's marriage was annulled before. When Eddard and I were born, they weren't married. We were technically born bastards due to what my great-grandfather had done while my mother was still carrying my brother and I. We were legitimized, though. Do you know what that means?"

"It means that even after your parent's marriage has been annulled for a second time, you and your brother are still considered legitimate, unlike your other siblings," Lord Lefford explained, his eyes widening in realization.

"I was legitimized as a Lannister before being legitimized in the North as a Stark by my father. Margaery believes that she's won, but she hasn't. I still have the Lannister name. More than I ever did before. I still have a right to the throne. A strong one, too. I'm told Queen Margaery has my youngest sibling in captivity. It means she has my brother in captivity. That is something I cannot allow. Do you understand? I cannot allow it."

"What shall we do, then?" One of the other men asked and Lyanna exchanged a look with Theon.

"Lord Florent is in Lannisport. He cut off my mother's hand. I have business to deal with involving him. But I must ask something of you all. Something you might be hesitant with, but it will ensure that we win the war," She explained and the men listened to me closely, "Now, are you with me?"