42

LION'S LEGACY
42. A New Champion

 A New Champion

        Just a fortnight later, Annalys and Robb were lying naked in bed together, fast asleep due to it being so early in the morning. Robb was laying on his back, Annalys' head on his chest with Robb's fingers tangled in her blonde hair.

However, their slumber was soon interrupted with a knock on the door. The duo groaned in annoyance as they were forced to wake up. Annalys lifted her head, looking in the direction of the door. "Enter," She spoke up groggily and soon enough, the door opened.

  Qyburn ended up being the one to enter, looking alarmed. "Your Grace. Euron Greyjoy is here. With Lord Tyrion."

Hearing his words, Annalys and Robb exchanged a shocked look. They both wasted no time standing up, ready to get dressed.

In the streets of King's Landing, the commoners clapped and cheered loudly as Euron rode through. He rode on his horse, Tyrion following behind him while tied up and dragged by ropes. He felt uneasy, cursing under his breath at his failure to escape.

Euron Greyjoy grinned widely at the people's reaction to his victory. He watched in amusement as food, among other things, were thrown at the Imp, who remained silent. He made his all throughout King's Landing until he reached the Red Keep.

He ended up entering, riding his horse into the throne room, where many subjects clapped for the Greyjoy man.

Tyrion looked ahead, finding Annalys sitting on the Iron Throne a few feet ahead. She wore her crown, for once, and practically smirked at the fact that Tyrion had been captured.

In all honesty, she couldn't even think of what Tyrion could be charged for in his upcoming trial, but she wasn't going to admit that. He turned his head, spotting Jaime standing at Annalys' side, feeling uneasy. He wanted to be pissed at Jaime, but he knew he couldn't. If the previous years taught him anything, it would be that Jaime loved Annalys more anything in the world, even more than Cersei, believe it or not, just in the same way.

After all, Annalys was Jaime's daughter, his firstborn. And if Jaime already chose Annalys over Cersei twice in the past, it meant he would surely choose Annalys over Tyrion.

Tyrion continued to glance around until his eyes locked on the children. Eddard looked disappointed in himself, as did Olyvar. Joanna looked to be on the verge of crying while Torrhen and Rickard looked as they couldn't care less. Lyanna's expression was different than any of them. Her expression was unreadable and when comparing her to Annalys, he knew it meant she was planning something, something to either help him or harm him. It just depended on whose side she was on at that moment.

   Euron grinned, climbing off his horse. He turned and moved toward Tyrion, grabbing ahold of his chains before bringing the Imp toward Annalys' throne. "My Queen, please accept this gift on behalf of all your loyal subjects on the Iron Islands," He announced loudly and Annalys stared down at Tyrion contently.