58

LION'S LEGACY
58. The Wedding

        In King's Landing, Loras sat at a table with Olenna and Margaery

      In King's Landing, Loras sat at a table with Olenna and Margaery. Loras had called the meeting, much to the women's confusion. "What is this about, Loras?" Margaery asked her brother in annoyance, "As you know, I have a kingdom to rule now."

"This came in the night," Loras informed his sister, handing her a scroll.

She opened it up and read it, her eyes widening at the news. She sighed in defeat before handing it to her grandmother, allowing her to read it as well. "Joanna Stark is alive, living across the Narrow Sea. She's wed some Dothraki horselord named Khal Najo," Margaery read aloud before turning to Loras with a questioning look, "What of it? Shall we send a wedding gift?"

Loras rolled his eyes at his sister's sarcasm while Olenna was quick to speak up. "A knife perhaps, a good sharp one with a bold man to wield it."

Loras scoffed, shaking his head in disagreement. "Joanna isn't like her siblings. She doesn't know the half of fighting. Poison would do the trick and she wouldn't even know it was happening until it was too late."

"She is but a child," Margaery argued in a stern tone, shaking her head in disapproval.

   It was because she didn't want an innocent child to die, either. It was because in the beginning, they had planned to capture Joanna to have her marry Margaery's son when the boy was a bit older.

"Soon enough, that child will spread her legs and start bearing sons, Margaery," Olenna retorted with an attitude, "She's across the Narrow Sea. It's far too late to keep her as a prisoner. Annalys bore seven children and soon enough, she'll give birth to her eighth. If she's anything like her mother, by the time she reaches her twenty-fifth name day, she'll already have five children, the majority of them being sons who could threaten you and your son's claim to the throne."

"It's said this Khal Najo has one-hundred thousand men in his horde," Loras informed the group, none of them realizing it was far from the truth.

"Even a million Dothraki are no threat to the realms as long as they remain on the other side of the Narrow Sea," Margaery argued in a stern tone.

"That didn't stop Daenerys Targaryen now, did it?" Loras retorted, he and Olenna clearly on the same side in regards to the argument.

"They have no ships," Margaery complained, much to their dismay.

"Annalys bedded Euron Greyjoy once and obtained a fleet of more than a thousand ships in return," Loras continued to argue with his sister, "Euron Greyjoy knows that Annalys and her family will always give him whatever he wishes as long as he stays loyal to them. We'll always have to worry about the Iron Fleet attacking us and if he decides to head to Joanna, we'll all fucked."

"Loras is right," Olenna spoke up, agreeing with her grandson, "Just like Euron, there are others in the Seven Kingdoms who continue to call you Usurper. If Joanna Stark crosses with a Dothraki horde at her back, each of the kingdoms will rally to her side, all but the Reach. First the North, the Wildlings, and the Westerlands. Then, the Riverlands, Dorne, and the Iron Islands. The rest will follow and we'll never be able to defeat them."