32

LION'S LEGACY
32. Recovery

    Robb was kneeling next to his daughter's unconscious body as Qyburn placed a cold cloth on her forehead

    Robb was kneeling next to his daughter's unconscious body as Qyburn placed a cold cloth on her forehead. The room was sullen and silent. Brienne was standing inside the room while Ser Steffon and Loras were posted outside, on guard to make sure Annalys didn't arrive and try to intervene. "Will she survive this?" He found himself asking Qyburn, turning to look at him with an uneasy look.

"I don't know, Your Grace," He admitted, sighing softly, "I don't know how your older daughters survived the fever. If we did, we'd know how to cure Princess Joanna. No one else has survived it but them."

  On the other side of the wall in the tunnels, Lyanna and Torra stood together, listening in on the conversation. Torra sighed in defeat, turning to look at Lyanna. "Do you think they've filled the other bath chambers by now?" She questioned and Lyanna nodded in response.

"How long could it possibly take for two men to fill a bath?" Lyanna asked Torra, who tried her best not to laugh.

"We are talking about the biggest idiot on the royal Queensguard and Aden," Torra replied, the two girls quick to cover their mouths to stop themselves from laughing, which would give them away.

Suddenly, the two girls froze, hearing the loud howls of numerous direwolves, their direwolves. On the other side of the wall, Robb heard it as well, causing him to stand up and turn to look at Brienne. "What is that?" He questioned, a nervous look on his face as he heard the barks and howls become louder.

Robb rushed toward the door, he and Brienne exiting Joanna's chambers to find the direwolves running freely down the halls. Grey Wind, of all direwolves, was leading them, as if he had been tasked with a 'job' by someone.

Dusk, Winter, Lann, and Dash, the boys' direwolves, ran in one direction, toward Eddard's chambers while Freyja, Dawn, and Dreamer, followed Grey Wind down the hall, toward Robb.

Robb sighed in frustration, stepping forward to stop the three female direwolves, who were being led by Grey Wind. "Grey--" He began to protest, only to get cut off as Grey Wind rushed past him with Dawn, Dreamer, and Freyja.

"Seven hells," Robb muttered under his breath, having no other choice but to chase after the four direwolves with Brienne following soon after him.

After the two of them were out of sight, Ser Steffon and Loras were left guarding the door to Joanna's chambers. Before they could react, however, Annalys approached them, grinning widely as she held her son's sword in her hand. She pointed it toward the two men, glaring at them threateningly while still having a smile on her face. "You will let me into my daughter's room or I will cut both of your throats." She commanded in a low, threatening tone.

"I will do no such--" Loras began to protest only to suddenly get cut off as he was knocked out.

Annalys turned her head, staring at Ser Steffon with wide eyes. He had knocked out Loras with the hilt of his sword without even being ordered to. She stared at him in disbelief, but Ser Steffon didn't respond. Instead, he opened the door, allowing his queen into the room. "Forgive me, my queen," He found himself telling him, bowing slightly as she walked past him.