69

LION'S LEGACY
69. Bargain

         Unlike any other time traitors to the crown were dragged through King's Landing on their way to the Red Keep, not a single person cheered or threw food at Annalys and Robb as they walked by

Some gasped, others even wept. Though, not a single person was happy about the whole ordeal. They once prayed for the return of House Lannister. Now, they wished Annalys would die, knowing their beloved queen would be put through hell for being alive.

    Arya stood in the crowds with Gendry, both of them looking uneasy. "You think he'll actually marry Margaery?" He found himself asking Arya, who shrugged her shoulders.

"He better," Arya replied in a frustrated tone, "It's the only thing that needs to happen for everything to work out."

"He's already married to Annalys. He can't marry Margaery while she's still alive," Gendry complained, causing Arya to shake her head in disapproval.

"It's Margaery Tyrell we're talking about. She'll do anything to get her hands on Robb. She'll find a way," She responded before turning on her heel, the two of them beginning to walk away from the crowd.

As Annalys and Robb were dragged through the streets of King's Landing, Annalys could barely walk. It wasn't long after Qyburn saved her life that she was forced out of bed and dragged to King's Landing. She knew at this rate, she'd die of exhaustion before Margaery could even attempt to execute her.

Lord Florent had been riding the horse that dragged them through the streets. When Annalys nearly tripped and fell to the ground, he whipped her. After he did so, Robb gave him a hateful glare while Annalys remained silent and solemn.

It was as though they had switched bodies lately. Robb was the more direct one now while Annalys took the beatings and remained silent.

Robb feared that soon enough, his wife would die from all that she was enduring and that pained him most of all.

For the first time ever, it looked as though his wife yearned to die, that she no longer wanted to fight.

"I would be lying if I said that didn't make me a bit hard," Florent commented and Annalys remained silent, not even seeming to be bothered by the vulgar comments he was saying about her.

Florent went to raise his whip, only to be cut off when Robb spoke up. "Whip her again and I'll make sure you regret it."

"And how will you do that, Lord Stark?" Florent asked, clearly amused by his threat.

Before Florent could react, Robb roughly tugged on his ropes with all the strength he had, causing the man to stumble since he had the ropes tied to his belt in order to make sure they couldn't run off.

That plan backfired and Florent lost balance, unable to stop himself from falling off his horse. Some of the common folk laughed while Florent rose to his feet and lunged at Robb, who smirked in satisfaction.