55

LION'S LEGACY
55. The Young Wolf

 The Young Wolf

    In the woods, the unknown knight who had kidnapped her pushed Annalys off her mount, hooded and chained. He wasted no time sending the horse off and once doing so, he helped Annalys up.

Annalys groaned, only to smirk as the knight took her hood off and helped her stand.

"What's your name, Ser?" She asked the man, her tone mocking and taunting, "I'm Annalys Lannister, but I dare say you already know that. You wouldn't have killed that innocent women and kidnapped me if you didn't."

The knight remained silent and led the chained Annalys forward. "A captive knight has a right to know his captor's identity."

"Ser Jasper Waynwood," He introduced in a calm tone, despite reluctant to even speak to.

"Waynwood..." she trailed off, trying to think of the lord who ruled over that castle, "Sigil, A broken black wheel, on a green field. Lord...Lady Anya Waynwood. Your mother, I'm guessing. You're the youngest of four sons," she explained and yet, the man still refused to converse, "It's a long way to King's Landing, Ser Jasper. Might as well get to know one another."

It remained silent between them, which annoyed Annalys. "Have you known many women?" She asked the man curiosity, "I suppose not. My three-year-old son had better conversational skills than you and he rarely spoke. He was shy, he always had been. Are you shy, Ser Jasper?" she paused, beginning to tauntingly smile at him, "Or perhaps you're just not into women. Maybe you like men. Or are you one of those men who like fucking little children?"

Having had enough with her taunting, Ser Jasper forced Annalys down to her knees on the riverbank and the women turned her head briefly to see a canoe waiting for them.

"I didn't mean to give offense, Ser. Forgive me. I tend to get carried away sometimes," she paused, beginning to laugh.

Jasper remained silent. He turned his head, looking off down the river, concerned of being seen. "Your crimes are past forgiveness, my lady."

Annalys frowned in concern, feeling as though the vendetta he against her was personal. "Why do you hate me so much? Have I done something to wrong you?"

"You've harmed others, those you were sworn to protect, the weak, the innocent, children, your family," He explained and Annalys tried her best no to look hurt.

"Trust me, when I've harmed people, they've deserved it. I'm not my brother," Annalys responded, beginning to smirk, "My husband tells me I believe in vengeance far more than the average person does and sometimes it can make people believe I'm mad."

"Your husband, the one you betrayed by bedding your lord commander," He explained, causing Annalys to look offended, "Or was he foolish enough to know about it and let it slide?"