25

LION'S LEGACY
25. Orphan

      Annalys stood in the small council chambers with Edric and Robb, listening to her husband speak of what he had done while she was sitting at her daughter's bedside as she laid dying

      Annalys stood in the small council chambers with Edric and Robb, listening to her husband speak of what he had done while she was sitting at her daughter's bedside as she laid dying. She couldn't believe Robb had done such a thing without her consent. She knew for a fact there would be consequences, she just didn't know what it would be exactly just yet. In truth, she feared what would happen in the future. What would Robb's actions cost them in the coming months?

Robb sighed, noticing the uneasy look on his wife's face. "Lord Redwyne murdered an entire household, Annalys," He tried to reason with her in an almost pleading tone, "Men, women, and children. I did what I had to."

  Annalys sighed in frustration, slowly turning to face her husband. "Does anyone else know about what you've done expect the people in this room and Brienne and Loras?"

Hearing Annalys' question, Robb immediately shook his head. "Not that I know of, no," He admitted, earning an incredulous look from Annalys.

Annalys turned to look at Robb, disbelieved. "Not that you know of?!" She exclaimed loudly, growing frustrated.

Realizing that Annalys was truly angry with him, Robb sighed in defeat. "Annalys, I--" He began to say, only to get cut off.

"You did this behind my back, while I was sitting at our daughter's bedside, when she was dying of Winter Fever," She explained threatening, beginning to move closer to Robb, "Now that you've killed Lord Glendon, we don't enough food to get us through the next month!"

"I couldn't just let him get away, Annalys!" He shouted at Annalys angrily, "He killed an entire household, women and children included!"

"Perhaps that wouldn't have happened if you just let me killed Lord Florent in the first place! He was a rapist, he deserved to die," She argued with Robb, causing him to give him a look of disbelief.

"Was it ever proven that he was a rapist? No!" He complained, earning an annoyed look from Annalys, "Lord Glendon most likely made that up, knowing it would cause you to agree."

Annalys scoffed, shaking her head at Robb's statement, "I would have agreed anyway, Robb," She suddenly confessed, much to Robb's dismay, "Do you understand what position we are in right now? The people in this keep and the rest of the city will starve because of your recklessness. The commoners will be the first to rebel and our heads will be mounted on spikes on the walls of the Red Keep by them, our children's heads!" She explained, taking a step toward her husband with an furious look on her face.

  "What you've done will cost us dearly, Robb. I should have never named us equals in the first place. You may be skilled with being a king during a war, but you clearly don't have the mind for politics as I do," She explained, letting out a large sigh in defeat, "But it's not your fault. You were raised your entire life to be lord of Winterfell, not King of Westeros. And the time that you were King in the North, you weren't ruling a kingdom, you were leading an army. You know nothing of politics and the sacrifices needed to be made in order to stay on the Iron Throne."