57

LION'S LEGACY
57. Khaleesi

 Khaleesi

Allyria tried her hardest not to cry as she ran as fast as she could through the woods, trying to outrun the Reachmen. They had freed her as they promised they would, but it didn't mean they intended to let her get far after.

She knew Annalys was alive. She was a threat. If anyone found out she was alive, the Tyrells were fucked.

Just then, someone grabbed her by the arm, pulling her toward them. Before she could let out a startled scream, the person placed a hand over her mouth. She was on the verge of fighting back, only to realize who it was. "Shh," Eddard whispered in her ear, slowly allowing Allyria to turn to face him, "It's me. It's me."

Allyria softly cried in utter relief, immediately jumping into Eddard's arms as he hugged her tightly, clearly thankful that they found each other. "You're safe, you're safe. I promise," He whispered in her ear, holding her close to his chest as she began to calm down now that she was in the prince's arms.

____

     That night, Allyria and Eddard found themselves sitting on the ground together, preparing themselves to go to sleep in order to be ready to travel for the entirety of the next day.

"Allyria. I just wanted to tell you that what happened tonight..." Eddard trailed off, an uneasy look on his face.

"It wasn't your fault," Allyria assured the boy in a soft tone, grabbing his hand and squeezing it in comfort, "You couldn't have known."

"I shouldn't have let you go off by yourself. We should have stayed together," Eddard continued on, much to Allyria's dismay, "It will never be safe for you while traveling with me."

"I am my own person, Eddard. I make my own decision. I am here with you because I want to. Nothing will change that," She assured him, beginning to smile softly, "In all honesty, despite what has happened tonight, I've grown fond of spending my time with you. I dare say I haven't had this many events occur in my life until I met you."

Eddard chuckled softly, beginning to smile at Allyria.

The Dornish girl stared at Eddard closely, her eyes wandering down to his lips. Eddard was on the verge of leaning forward but before he could do so, Allyria turned her head. "We should get some rest. We'll have to wake at first-light if we want to make sure not to run into any more Reachmen," She suggested and Eddard awkwardly cleared his throat, nodding his head in agreement.

"You're right, we should," Eddard forced himself to reply, despite feeling odd about what Allyria had done.

Allyria smiled slightly at Eddard. She nodded her head as well, laying down on the grass since there was no other place to lay. Eddard laid down as well, both of them facing each other. They stared intently stared at each other as they both gradually began to smile.