5

LION LEGACY
5. Lyanna Lannister

  At King's Landing, a vicious storm had rolled in, one that brought loud thundering and lightning to that looked as though it lit up the entire night sky

The Lannister-Stark siblings, who were left alone in the capital without their parents, laid asleep during the storm. They never endured such a storm before and the fact that they were left alone made it even worse.

Olyvar, Lyanna, Torrhen, and Rickard were able to endure the loud thundering storm and sleep through it while Joanna felt frightened by the loud crack of thunder and the lightning visible through her chamber window.

After each crack of thunder followed with bolts of lightning igniting the night sky, little Joanna flinched as she laid in bed, whimpering in fear. She never liked storms, she despised them. Her mother and father had laid with her every night there had been a storm since she was younger, knowing how fearful she was of them.

However, now they weren't there and she was left to endure it alone.

Eddard, however, had been roaming the halls that night, unable to sleep well what with his family gone. He felt as though he was the "man" of the castle, now that his father wasn't there.

Each of his siblings had their rooms located in the same large hallway and Eddard found himself walking up and down that hallway for hours during the storm, Grey Wind standing at his side.

He suddenly stopped, however, hearing his youngest sister whimpering in his room.

Without hesitation, he opened the door a crack, peeking in to see his sister crying as she laid in bed.

Eddard sighed in defeat, entering the room before closing the door behind them. Grey Wind, of course, followed him in, however, just as he had been doing since Robb left. The direwolf seemed to refuse to leave Eddard and Lyanna's side ever since Annalys and Robb left the castle.

Joanna soon turned her head, shocked to see her brother entering her room. She continued to stare at him until she heard thunder once more. She flinched, clutching the sheet covering her shivering body.

Eddard let out a sigh, just before he walked closer to his younger sister. He crawled onto her small bed, taking a seat next to where she laid, "Hush now, Joanna," he told her quietly, his voice just a whisper, "It's just a storm," He paused, lightly squeezing Joanna's arm in comfort, "There's no need to be afraid. It can't hurt you. I won't let it."

Joanna smiled sadly, staring up at her eldest brother, "I miss Father," She confessed, tears threatening to spill from her green eyes, "And Mother. They always stayed with me during storms, but they're not here. They're both gone. What if we never see them again?"