Our Very Last Performance

ALEXIS' POV

I woke up this morning with a small hangover and I headed downstairs to get a glass of water and some painkillers.

"*Yawn* Ohayo, Okaa-san, Otu-san."

"Ohayo, honey, you look a little rough."

"Yeah, I had about maybe more than three drinks of beer last night, gomen."

"Don't worry about it here."

Mom gave me some painkillers and a glass of water. I took the painkillers and then Otu-san gently elbowed Okaa-san and eyed at me.

"Um, Alexis."

"What is it, Okaa-san?"

Mom looked a bit worried for some reason and then she said to me.

"Do you remember how we used to tell you about our old home in Kyoto?"

"Of course, you guys talked about that place all the time when I was little, why?"

"Well, your Father's work hasn't been going great here so, his old boss called him and well...he's offered him a place in Kyoto."

"Wait, what?! So does that mean..."

"Yes, we'll be immigrating back to Japan."

My heart felt like it had broke in several places when I heard this and I then said to them.

"But, I was born and raised here and all of my friends and bandmates are here too! We can't leave!"

"I'm sorry Alexis, but, I have to do what's right for the family."

"Then find another job here! I don't want to leave Canada! my friends are here!"

"I'm sorry, Alexis. I've already spoken to my boss and we're gonna move to Kyoto as of next month."

I lowered my head in shock and I stood up from my seat.

"I'm gonna go and get ready for work while I still have a job."

I headed upstairs and I slammed the door shut. I slid down the door and I started to cry my eyes out. Sora walked over to me and he nudged his head while whimpering a little. I hugged Sora tightly as I cried harder.

TIME SKIP...

During band practice, I told the others what was going on and they weren't happy when I told them I was leaving the country for good. Lizzy was even shocked when I told her the news.

"Immigrating to Japan?! Alexis, can your parents really do that?"

"They can and let's not forget, my parents were from Japan but, it doesn't matter if my birthplace was here or not, I'm still Japanese either way."

"But even so, surely there's gotta be some way for you to stay here, the band will end up losing its best singer."

"I know but, there's nothing I can do, I'm sorry guys, it looks like this is the end of the road for the phoenixes

I said as I lowered my head in sadness and then John placed his hand on my shoulder and he said to me.

"That's not true, this is not the end, whether you're here or in Canada, you will always have a place here in the band."

"John, arigato..."

I said as I felt tears in the corner of my eyes. Jessie hugs me tightly and he said to me.

"We'll miss you so much, Alexis!"

"I'm gonna miss you too."

I said as I hugged Jessie back. The rest of the members joined in the hug and that was one of the best memories that I will never forget. An idea popped into my head and I said to the band.