The Songbird's Night Performance

ALEXIS' POV

A while had passed since I've been in this time period. Sasuke has been visiting me on some nights to check up on me and the other warlords have been kind to me as well. I know I'll only be here for another two months but, I can't help but get close to the warlords they're almost like big brothers to me. I didn't feel as homesick as I did before thanks to Mitsunari's help and some people have begun to call me the Songbird of Azuchi because of how beautiful my singing voice sounds and how talented I am with my musician skills.

Right now, I was helping the maids with the usual duties until we got word that one of the Oda forces' lords was coming to visit along with his fiance. Why they were coming we don't know, but, the maids were guessing that Nobunaga was going to get invited or they probably wanted to ask Hideyoshi to be the one to lead his fiance down the aisle. I got to the audience chamber in time and then Masamune said to me.

"There you are, Lass, what took you so long?"

"Sorry about that, I had to make a last-minute delivery for the seamstress."

Sora barked in response as we sat down next to him. Nobunaga sat down at his dais and then the Lord, Yoshimoto and his soon-to-be-wife Yuzuki, came into the audience hall. Lord Yoshimoto looked at Nobunaga and he said to him.

"Lord Nobunaga, thank you so much for taking the time to meet us."

"It's always a pleasure to meet you Yoshimoto, but, if I may ask why you've come here today?"

"Actually, it was my wife who wanted to speak to you."

"Oh?"

Nobunaga looked at Yuzuki and I couldn't help but admire that kind look in her eyes and her beauty. 

"Lord Nobunaga, as you already know, we're due to get married soon. Our ceremony is tomorrow but, I'm afraid we've got a problem. One of the entertainers we asked for were not able to come because of the flood in one of the neighbouring domains."

"Ugh, I knew that storm we had a month ago was bad but, I didn't realise it had taken its toll on one of the domains. I am so sorry," Hideyoshi spoke with his head bowed.

"It's not your fault, Lord Hideyoshi, in fact, the reason why we're here is to ask Lady Alexis to help us."

I was surprised by this and I asked them.

"You want me to be one of your entertainers at your wedding? why?"

"Well, from what I've heard from the rumours about you, you're very talented, you have a beautiful singing voice and you have an interesting foreign instrument that you play as well. Why do you think everyone has been calling you the Songbird of Azuchi?"

"Seriously? that's what everyone has been calling me? that's news to me."

Yuzuki held both of my hands and she gave me that begging puppy eye look on his face.

"Please Lady Alexis! we're begging you, our ceremony is tomorrow and without your help, my wedding won't be so perfect and some of your guests would be disappointed if you don't show up. Please help us."

"All right! all right! I'll help, besides, it's been a while since I've sung in front of an audience aside from the warlords."

I glanced at Nobunaga and I said to him.

"Well, if that's all right with you Lord Nobunaga."

"It's fine, do what you can to help them and make sure to put your talents to good use."

"You got it."

Sora barked in response after I said this with a smile.

THE NEXT DAY...