I'll Protect You For All Eternity

ALEXIS' POV

'Mmm, I'm exhausted. I don't want to move ever again, especially being right here feels so good.'

I slowly opened my eyes and I was wrapped up in encompassing warmth. I looked around and I realised that I wasn't in my cell.

'Where am I? this isn't the cell...hold on.'

The warmth that I was feeling right now was Kenshin's loving arms. Memories of last came flooding back to me and I smiled a little.

'Now I remember, I'm in his room. I guess I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings during the heat of the moment...'

Our bodies were entwined and I could feel his breathing which was shallow with sleep. I smiled a little when I looked at Kenshin's sleeping face.

'He looks so peaceful...'

When I remembered his repose to the Kenshin in my memories of last night, I smiled again.

'Last night happened so suddenly, what are we gonna do now?'

Kenshin told me he loved me. Whatever his reasons were for pushing women away, he had to let me in. And he'd asked me not to leave him. I didn't want to.

'I know I was determined to go back to Canada once I got back to the modern world and have enough money to get a place of my own but things have changed...I'll tell him that I came from the future and I'm not going back. If I do, I think he'll feel more comfortable with our situation.'

I thought to myself before looking at Kenshin's sleeping face once more.

"...Hey sleepyhead...wakey, wakey~" I whispered as I gently ran my finger on the bridge of his nose.

"Mn..." Kenshin grumbled in his sleep.

I giggled quietly when he reacted like this in his sleep.

'He's so beautiful and cute...his skin might resemble alabaster but, he's smooth and warm all over.'

I stroked his cheek while continuing to comment about him in my mind.

'Despite what others might think of you, you're not made of marble.'

My heart skipped a beat when I touched him as his lover, like someone who'd bared his soul to me.

'I think I better let him sleep...'

I quietly and carefully moved Kenshin's arm off me before sitting up to get out of bed while holding the covers close to my chest.

"Alexis?" Kenshin suddenly awakened from his slumber.

I was surprised that actually woke him up and then he grabbed my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm not- whoa!"

Kenshin suddenly pulled me back into his arms and he held me tighter than before.

"I told you to never leave me."

There was the sweet, ragged edge of sleep in his low voice.

"Sorry, I was just going to get up so you could sleep a bit longer."

"I see," Kenshin spoke with a small smile on his face.

"But, now you're awake," I sat up a little before continuing. "I can do this..."

I leaned over and I kissed Kenshin's lips. He returned with the gentlest and softest of kisses. We pulled away from each other with smiles on our faces.