Saving Oda Nobunaga

ALEXIS'S POV

Everything felt fuzzy and I still felt a bit dizzy but, as I slowly opened my eyes, I heard Sora barking at me and he was tugging on my sleeve and licking my face. I opened my eyes and I sat up from the ground and I rubbed the back of my head.

"Oh, my head...what the hell happened?"

Sora barked at me again and he started tugging on my sleeve again, like if he was telling me to get moving. I started to smell smoke and that was when I realised that I wasn't outside anymore but, I was inside of some kind of building and it was on fire. I quickly covered my mouth and I thought to myself.

'What the frig!! this place is on fire?! I gotta get the hell out of here! where's that man in the lab coat gone to?!'

I looked around to keep an eye out for the man in the lab coat but, he was nowhere to be seen until I spotted a man wearing a suit of Japanese armour asleep on the floor.

'What the hell?! who sleeps through a burning temple?!'

I shouted in my head before I saw another man wearing, holding some kind of walking stick and he approached the sleeping man who was about to wake up. I knew I had to do something so I rushed over to him and I shouted.

"Wake up! Come on, wake up!" I patted his face to try and wake him up.

"Ugh...who are you?"

"No time for introductions! Come on get up!"

Sora tugged on the man's sleeve as I helped him onto his feet. I grabbed the man's hand and made a run for it. Sora led the way as we looked for a way out of this place. We managed to make it out of there in time and I fell to my knees while coughing. Sora looked at me worried and whimpered a little.

"It's all right, buddy, I'm ok...just give me five minutes."

I said while getting my air back. The man I saved looked at the burning temple behind us and he frowned a little.

"To think they would manage to kill all the guards and come this close..."

I glanced at the man who I saved and then he said to me.

"It seems I owe you my life. You may be some girl the monks sunk in for entertainment, but, you have my thanks."

'What a weird guy...but still, his handsome looks make up for it.'

I stood up from the ground and I wiped the dust off my knees.

"Well, I did what anybody would do in that situation, I couldn't let you burnt to a crisp while my friend and I make a run for it."

"Your friend? where and who is she?"

"You mean HE is right here," I said as I pointed at Sora.

Sora whimpered while tilting his head to the side.

"Seriously? your friend is a dog?"

"Hahahaha!! what's with that reaction? you make it sound like you've never seen a woman being friends with a dog before."

"No, that's not why I reacted like that, I just wasn't expecting your friend to be a dog, it took me by surprise."

"I guess that's true."

The man looked at me up and down with a curious look in his eyes and I asked him.

"Can I ask you something, who are you?"

"You saved my life without knowing who I am? I thought you did it only for a reward."

"No, not really, the truth is I'm originally from North America so I don't know much about Japan, I only moved here a few weeks ago."