Everything I Am Is Rightfully Yours

ALEXIS' POV

Several days had passed and we were back in Echigo and we were finally living in a peaceful life that we dreamed of. 

Kenshin and I were asleep in our bed until a certain four-legged animal woke us up. Sora licked my face and I groaned a little before turning away from him. 

"Sora knock it off..."

Sora whined and then I heard Kenshin speak up.

"Let us sleep more..."

Sora growled a little before we felt our covers being pulled away from us. I groaned a little before Kenshin and I sat up a little and we saw Sora holding our covers in his mouth. He gave us that innocent look and then I mumbled.

"Where's an alarm clock when you need one?"

Kenshin chuckled before he patted the spot between us.

"Come on Sora."

Sora dropped the covers and then he got in between us and then we petted him while chuckling.

"Make yourself at home why don't you?" I told him before Sora laid down and I gave him a belly rub.

I looked at Kenshin and I said to him.

"Good morning, Kenshin."

"Morning, Alexis."

Whenever Kenshin was just waking up, his voice has that husky quality that I found adorably sexy. The way he'd say my name was so warm and it almost sounded musical. 

'It lets me know just how happy he is to see me when he wakes.'

I got up and got dressed before casting a quick glance at Kenshin as I finished. He'd gone straight to going over the documents for the day. While I brushed my hair, I asked myself while staring at him.

'...That side there. That's definitely his best side or is it the other one?'

I tied my hair back with the purple hair ribbon and then I opened the sliding door for Sora.

"Go on buddy, do your business."

Sora barked at me before leaving the room.

"Hmm? this letter's from-"

After I closed the sliding door, Kenshin had picked up a letter and he held it like it was a spider. 

'Uh...what's wrong with that letter?'

I asked myself as before Kenshin spoke up.

"...Alexis, this letter is for you. It's from...the Oda."

The gentle he said my name was misled by his body language. All of a sudden, I was developing a bad case of acute arachnophobia. 

'Oh boy, this is gonna get me into trouble.'

I thought to myself after seeing Kenshin's face.

"What's wrong? Don't you want it?"

"I'm, uh, deciding," I spoke nervously.

I cautiously took a few steps towards the 'smiling' Kenshin. 

"You know, I bet it's a response to the letter YOU said I could send them."

"That's right, it is."

"So, why do you look upset?"

"I'm not upset, I'm smiling."

'Yeah...but, it's that smile where there's a shadow over your eyes! What did Sasuke call it again? your yandere smile?'

I asked myself before I told Kenshin.