The God of War Was Now The God of Trying to Make Me Happy

ALEXIS' POV

Several days had passed and since Kenshin told me he'd come again, he's made time for short visits every day. Today, he sat on a folding chair in front of my chair, as usual, but, he looked disappointed.

"Why don't you smile or sing anymore? I mean you've got Sora there, shouldn't you be happy about that?" Kenshin asked as I petted Sora's head.

"I don't have much to smile about and I'm not really in the mood for singing," I said as I glanced away from him.

'I'm not being stubborn, it is actually pretty miserable in here. A fake smile wouldn't fool either of us and if I make an attempt to sing now, it'll sound miserable too. Kenshin is still vague about why I'm in here, as long as he is, I don't know when or if he plans to let me out.'

I thought to myself before I looked back at him.

"I'm glad you came to see me."

'That is true if we can just keep talking, I think I'll reach him again. The way I did before.'

"But, that doesn't matter if it doesn't make you smile," Kenshin told me before he stood up and I feared he was leaving already.

"Going so soon?" I asked him.

"I'll be right back, I just figured out what will please you."

Kenshin left determined and he returned shortly. 

"I'm back," Kenshin told me as he came back to my cell.

"Welcome baah-!! what the frig is that?!" I shouted in a shocked tone.

It looked like Kenshin had brought an avalanche of snow back with him. Sora was just as shocked as I was when he saw Kenshin again.

'No way, those are all rabbits!'

I thought to myself as I watched the colony of rabbits hopped obediently along behind him.

"They're so cute! oh my gosh! are they your pets?" I asked as I let one of the rabbits sniff my finger through the bars.

"No I don't keep them, they just started following me around."

When he stopped, they crowded around his legs, their furry bodies snuggling against him.

'They love him!'

I thought to myself as I watched the rabbits curl up at Kenshin's feet.

"They're so sweet."

"I'll let them in for you."

"Really? can I pet them?"

"Of course you can, I brought them here to make you happy. I can't let you out but I can let the rabbits in."

Kenshin unlocked the cell door and waved the rabbits inside.

"Enter," he commanded the rabbits.

One by one, they hopped inside an orderly fashion. After the tiny last rabbet entered, Kenshin ducked inside the cell too, followed by Sora.

"Oh, I didn't realise you'd be coming in with them."

"Do you want me out?"

"No, not at all."

Sora barked in agreement before he wagged his tail happily.

'I'm happy to have you this close. Finally, it's been a long time since we've been in touching distance.'

My heart squeezed tight as I looked Kenshin over, free from the dissecting lines of the bars.

"Rabbits, make a path."