We Must Rescue Her No Matter The Cost

ALEXIS' POV

After Sasuke's return, I was pleased to see him but, Kenshin decided to draw his sword and threaten to kill him!

"Die."

'That's not, "I missed you!"'

I shouted in my head before the blade came careening for Sasuke.

"I barely escaped death once, and now you're ordering me to die. Today's been a busy day."

Sasuke didn't flinch, drawing the sword on his back to block Kenshin.

"I'm only killing you because you died without my permission."

"But, I didn't die. Despite attempts."

"Shut up! if you ever make anyone think you died every again, I'll kill you."

Sora whimpered in fear when we saw the two of them go at each other. I sweatdropped a little and I asked them.

"Um, are you two...okay?"

Kenshin broke from Sasuke and sheathed his sword, though I sensed he was still frustrated.

"I'm sorry if this is coming as a surprise, Alexis,"Sasuke came over to me, whispering confidently. "This is just how Kenshin shows affection to his employees."

"Uh-huh. Well, I hope he offers good medical coverage."

'He may look like winter-personified but his passion runs hot and deep when it's someone he cares about.'

"What are you two whispering about?" Kenshin asked us.

"We're done."

Leaving the question unanswered, Sasuke pulled down his mask.

"I'm pleased I was able to return to you, Lord Kenshin.

'Sasuke really cares about Kenshin.'

The mood shifted to a formal one as Sasuke bowed low.

"And I'm sorry for being late. Thank you for staying up for me."

"You're too late."

Still sounding a little sullen, Kenshin's mood had plainly improved.

"I'll give you more training as soon as we return to Kasugayma."

"No, thank you. I'm all trained up. Furthermore, there was a reason I was late. While I was escaping, I overhead some interesting information and stopped by the Oda camp to spy."

'He did?!'

I was surprised when Sasuke said this and then Kenshin told him.

"You should've said so sooner."

I felt a knot of apprehension as Sasuke began to explain.

"Mitsuhide Akechi had just delivered the news. They've learned who was behind the attempt on Nobunaga Oda's life.

'Then, they found the assassin from Honno-Ji!'

I thought to myself as I remembered that night.

"Who is it?" Kenshin asked Sasuke. 

"The former abbot of Hongan-Ji, Kennyo."

"That merciless monk who carries a concealed blade?"

"Kennyo..."

I mumbled and then I remembered the night when I arrived here. Sora also remembered that name as he growled a little.

'I knew there was a monk in that temple and also I had a feeling there was a chance it could've been him! He was very suspicious when I met him, it's no wonder Sora went on the defence.'