I Really Am In Love With Kenshin

3RD PERSON POV

After leaving Alexis' cell, Kenshin loosed the rabbits in the garden and walked towards his room with Sora following him. On his way, he ran into Yukimura and Sasuke in the hallway.

"Did you go down to Alexis' cell again today?"

"Yes."

Kenshin replied to Yukimura and then Sasuke asked him.

"How is she doing?"

"She seems well, but-" Remembering her smile, Kenshin himself smiled a little dreamily. "She enjoyed the visit, I think."

Seeing that smile, Yukimura and Sasuke were taken aback.

"Eugh, don't smile like that!"

"What was that sound of disgust? are you mocking me, Yukimura? and I wasn't smiling."

Sora barked at Yukimura's comment almost as if he was laughing at him. Sasuke then spoke up.

"Seeing that peaceful smile on your face was like witnessing a rare cosmological event and just as hard to capture or describe."

"You freak me out, and you're not even aware you're doing it?"

Kenshin glared at the two of them.

"What are you two going on about? nevermind, I forgive you both. I'm in a usually good mood today, in fact..."

Kenshin's eyes began to gleam. He clamped a hand on Yukimura and Sasuke's shoulders.

"Yukimura? I believe I felt a cold chill just now."

"Funny, me too."

Sora whimpered in response as he slowly backed away from Kenshin. Kenshin ignored Sasuke and Yukimura's whispering.

"Bring out the sake. Tonight, we drink until sunrise."

Sasuke looked at Yukimura, who looked back. The two share a nod before making a run for it and Sora ran away with them while whimpering in fear.

"Where are you two going?"

Whipping out his sword, Kenshin gave chase.

THE NEXT DAY...

ALEXIS' POV

"...After that, I thought it best to check on you as soon as I could."

The afternoon after Kenshin brought his rabbits by, Sasuke swung by my cell for a visit. He visited as frequently as possible to keep me up to date or just keep me sane.

"And if you wish to know what happened after Kenshin's 'game' of full-contact hide and seek, we were forced to battle him to near death, followed by celebratory drinks until dawn."

"Pfft! hahahahaha!!! sorry Sasuke, I don't mean to laugh but, I'll bet it was fun, right?"

"The sake diluted most of my memories, but I expect it was fun. So, I wished to ask, have you and Kenshin made up?" Sasuke asked as he patted Sora's head.

"Excluding the fact that he still won't let me out or tell why, yes, we're getting along much better. Sora has even taken a liking to him as well," I commented to Sasuke as I scratched Sora under his chin.

"I'm sorry my boss has problems. By the way, it isn't much, but, I got the information about the Oda that you asked me for, from a fellow spy."

"Really? thank you, Sasuke."

I smiled a little and I thought to myself.

'I've been so worried about them, but, I knew Sasuke could help me out on that front.'