I'm In Love With You, Alexis

3RD PERSON POV

While Alexis waited in Kasugayama for Kenshin's return, Kenshin was deep in battle.

"Attack! put your hearts into it!" Kenshin yelled as the Uesugi soldiers let out a roaring cheer.

Riding close beside Kenshin at the front of the lines was Sasuke.

"This battle is coming to a close," Sasuke informed Kenshin.

"Good, I'm in a hurry to get it done and return to Echigo," Kenshin said as he thought about Alexis.

"A hurry my Lord?" Sasuke asked in a puzzled tone. "This is usually the point where you hope they'll start fighting back."

"Are you complaining Sasuke?" Kenshin asked with a smirk on his face. "I'm just looking forward to drinking the victory wine, that's all."

Sasuke saw Kenshin's words for the realization they were. Kenshin himself couldn't hear them, his mind was already home.

THE NEXT DAY...

ALEXIS' POV

On the morning of the fifth day, Yukimura came to visit me along with Sora.

"Did you hear Lord Kenshin's supposed to come back today?" Yukimura asked me.

"I did, thanks," I said with a smile. "So what's the word? are he and Sasuke okay?"

I couldn't help but feel a sudden surge of excitement.

"Yeah, hey, you sound happy," Yukimura said after noticing the smile on my face.

"Well, it's good news. I mean, they're okay, that's great, right?" I asked Yukimura.

'Yes, I'm happy at the prospect of seeing Kenshin again.'

I thought to myself as I remembered the times when Kenshin used to visit me before leaving for the war.

"Yukimura, how busy is Kenshin when he gets back? typically?"

"He's never really busy, but every time he gets back, he wants to throw a celebratory feast," Yukimura told me as he patted Sora's head.

"And how does that go?"

"Everyone drinks and parties until dawn, Lord Kenshin drinks more than anyone," Yukimura spoke with a sweat drop running down the side of his head.

'Everyone drinks and parties until dawn huh? that kinda sounds similar to how my bandmates and I used to celebrate after a successful concert...I miss those days and to make things worse, I won't be able to see Kenshin tonight.'

I smiled a little and I continued to think to myself.

'But Kenshin and Sasuke are safe. I'll take my good news where I can get it.'

Yukimura and I continued chatting a while about other subjects. Once he left, I felt a little happier especially after hearing the news that Kenshin is coming back today. Sora seemed happy as well and then he started howling.

"Hehe, I know what that howl means, you're happy aren't you?"

Sora barked happily and then he looked at my guitar and he started barking again.

"Hehe, you're right. It has been a while."

I told him before I grabbed my guitar case and then I got my guitar out. 

'I may be a bird in a cage but, this won't stop me from doing the one thing I love in the whole wide world.'

I thought to myself as I started to play my guitar.