I'm His Spoils Of War

ALEXIS' POV

After the Oda retreated, Kenshin brought me to Kasgayama Castle but, as his 'spoils of war', he threw me into one of the dungeon cells. I stood by the bars and I shouted at Kenshin.

"Kenshin! you don't need to do this! just let me go!"

"No."

Kenshin said as he locked the door.

"Don't cause any problems and you won't be mistreated, but, you won't see me again."

'What?! Oh, you absolute-! argh!!' I thought to myself with a frown on my face but, I managed to calm myself before speaking again.

"Just listen to me before you go!"

"There's nothing more I want to hear from you."

Kenshin walked away, disappearing from the bars that framed my view.

"Kenshin!"

My shouting got me nothing. His footsteps grew quiet until I couldn't hear them at all.

"Dammit!!" I shouted after slamming my hands against the bars with frustration and upset in my voice.

'...So this is it then, this is how he decided to treat me now. I'm his "spoils"...a prisoner of war to him and nothing else.'

I threw my back against the wall of my cell, hurt and angry. The same hurt and anger that Kenshin had decided to unleash on me. I slid the wall before curling up into a ball and burying my face in my lap to muffle my crying.

3RD PERSON POV

Outside of the dungeons, Kenshin found Sasuke waiting for him including Sora, who had managed to stay with Sasuke after Kenshin locked Alexis away.

"That was cruel of you."

"What do you want, Sasuke?"

Sasuke's face was, as always, unreadable.

"You don't know what she's been through, but you must have an idea, why are you hurting her?"

"Shut up. Sasuke, you knew all along she worked with the Oda, didn't you?"

What Sasuke knew was that Kenshin's sword was waiting for his answer. Bravely, he told the truth anyway.

"Yes, I knew the whole time."

"What's your excuse for hiding this from me? Tell me, now."

"Alexis is a friend and I know how good a person she is, she is caring kind and faithful."

"Faithful? she lied to me to get close to me."

"The lie wasn't her idea, you know that and you must know why she never told you the truth."

Kenshin refused to answer.

"The Oda took her in, gave her home and a job. She wouldn't betray them but, she never told the Oda about, either. She was never anything but grateful to you. I think it hurt her to be trapped between the two sides."

"...You're speculating. The Oda risked their retreat to get her back, that's more than you'd do for your chatelaine. That is, however, exactly the sort of thing you might do for a favourite concubine...how do you expect me to trust someone who's slept with the enemy?"

"Pardon me, but Alexis has had no physical relations with any of the Oda. The connection you sense, I believe, is that they like her. As a person and as a friend."

"That doesn't make sense, why do they like her so much?"

"She saved Nobunaga Oda's life the night of the Honno-Ji incident."