Leaving Azuchi

ALEXIS' POV

A few days had passed since Kenshin left to go back to Echigo. It was a shame really because we've become friends, well, kind of. I only wished that we could have spent more time together and I also wished that I could have entertained him with my singing and drinking sake as well. It was weird though, it felt like we have something in common when we had that drink too. However, I didn't let it bother me as much since my life in Azuchi got busier because of my reputation as a singer so, I hardly worked as the chatelaine these days and I had a feeling Nobunaga was getting a tiny bit annoyed at the fact that his Lucky charm wasn't there for him to sing him to sleep or let her dog use him as a pillow.

"Morning, Ieyasu, Mitsuhide. Glad I caught you."

The two of them stopped in their tracks and they looked at me.

"I have important letters for you both. Here you go."

"If they're important, then why do you have them?"

"Because I'm chatelaine! in case if you haven't forgotten, I asked Nobunaga to give me more responsibilities, besides, I like to keep my hands busy."

Sora barked in response as I gave the letters to them both.

"And how's your musician work coming along?"

"Brilliant as always, I like to think of it as a second job."

Ieyasu looked at me surprised and he said to me.

"Two jobs? you're crazy."

"Oy, I'm a hard worker at least it'll give me something to do other than sit on my butt all day doing nothing."

Since that incident with the ronin, everyone in the castle has become friendlier with me and I began to open up about my problems after moving to Japan, now I don't feel lonely or depressed now.

'It's only a three-month temp job, but I want to contribute to castle life.'

"Anyway, I love to stick around and chat some more but, I've gotta deliver this letter to Mitsunari."

"Ugh."

Ieyasu looked like he'd bit into a lemon peel.

'What's with that reaction?'

"It's because Ieyasu and Mitsunari are like oil and water."

"What the frig?! do you have mind-reading powers or what?!"

'That aside, Ieyasu and Mitsunari don't get along?'

"We're incompatible. The worst part is, he's oblivious to sarcasm.

'It's true. I don't see Ieyasu's snark and Mitsunari's friendliness meshing.'

"Since you're looking for him, I saw him leave the archives with an armload of books not so long ago. When he gets to his room, he'll shut himself in for as long as it takes him to read them."

"Oh, well, maybe I should leave him to his reading, I'll try and catch him later."

Mitushide placed his hand on my shoulder and he said to me with a grin on his face.

"No, I don't recommend that. If I recall, Mitsunari said he was waiting on an important message. Why that should be the message you're carrying right now.

"Well, if he's waiting for it-"

"Yes. You should bring it to him and allow me to share something else important."

"What's that?"

"When you get to his door, Mitsunari may not answer you."

"Why? Do you think he might stop somewhere on the way?"