You'll Never Again Doubt How Much I Love You, My Kenshin

ALEXIS' POV

A few days later, I was called to come and greet the visiting representative of the Oda forces. Sora was excited since it had been a while we spoke to our friends from the Oda forces. Sora barked at me happily and I chuckled at him.

"I'm coming, Sora, take it easy," I told him as we walked through the hallways well, I walked and he ran.

'I wonder who it is? Could be someone I know. That would be a treat.'

I thought to myself with a smile on my face. Kenshin, I was told, was already in the audience chamber with him. Once I got there, Sora was already there whining and he scratching the wood to open the door.

"Sora, stop it. You're gonna leave scratch marks."

Sora stopped clawing at the door and then he sat down while wagging his tail excitedly.

"Excuse me, it's Alexis," I announced myself before entering.

"Alexis, it's been so long!"

"Mitsunari!"

I spoke with a smile on my face.

He sat before Kenshin in the audience hall, along with some gift-bearing attendants whose faces I recognised. Sora barked happily before he ran over to Mitsunari and then he tackled him onto the ground and he started licking his face happily.

"Hahahaha!! looks like someone else is happy to see you," I spoke with a grin.

"It's good to see you again, Sora," Mitsunari told him while petting his fur after Sora stopped licking his face.

"I had no idea you were the Oda's representative!"

"Yes, I specifically requested the assignment of Lord Nobunaga," Mitsunari told me as he sat up from the floor while wiping away the dog drool from his face.

"And I had just concluded discussions with Lord Kenshin, I asked him it if would be all right to see you. I'm so pleased to have the opportunity to speak with you again, Alexis."

"I'm really happy too, Mitsunari."

It had been a long time since I'd see that familiar, friendly smile.

"Alexis, sit next to me."

Kenshin invited me over, something like a grimace on his beautiful face. I nodded my head before I approached him.

'The last time these two saw each other, they were fighting. This probably wasn't a very fun meeting for Kenshin.'

I sat down beside him and offered him my hand for support.

"...These so-called gifts of goodwill you brought, your motives are transparent."

"I hope they would be. The Oda forces value this truce with the Uesugi clan and wish for it to be known. May these pave the way to a long and happy alliance."

Mitsunari remained cool, despite Kenshin's churlish remark.

"Also, with the Lady Alexis currently residing-"

"Watch your words. There's nothing current about it. She lives here now and here she will remain."

Sora whimpered when he saw that look in Kenshin's eyes before hiding behind Mitsunari. I think I saw bushfires ignite in Kenshin's eyes.

'Uh oh! what happened? my arrival is making this all go downhill.'

I thought to myself before Mitsunari spoke up.

"How terribly rude of me. The Oda respectfully support her decision to stay, of course...as long as it is her decision."

Mitsunari stayed placid and unintimidated as he looked at me.