A Song From The Past

ALEXIS' POV

After helping Nobunaga get some proper sleep, I became the talk of the castle. Sora ended up becoming Nobunaga's pillow whenever he couldn't get to sleep but, sooner or later, Nobunaga will have to find his own husky to cuddle up to since poor Sora can't stand being away from me for so long. 

Right now, I was trying to give Sora a bath since he still stinks of ash after the Honno-ji incident but, when I had the warm water all set up, he was trying to escape from me. I had a tight hold of Sora's collar and I tried to drag him to the bathtub but, he kept whimpering and howling and he had all four of his paws glued to the ground.

"Sora! stop being silly and come on!!"

"*Whines!!*"

"You've taken baths plenty times before! what's so bad about this one?!"

Sora barked at me and he whimpered loudly. 

"Hahaha!! having problems there, lass?"

Masamune spoke as he came over to me.

"Masamune! thank goodness you're here, I could use your help right about now."

"What's up?"

"I'm trying to give Sora a bath but, this stubborn husky is refusing to take one and now I can't get him into the tub."

"And what do you want me to do?"

"Use those strong muscles of yours and help me carry him into the tub! I would have done it myself but, Sora weighs a tone!"

"All right, all right," Masamune said as he picks up Sora like he didn't weigh a thing.

Sora whimpered loudly and he tried to get out of Masamune's arms but, it was no use. Masamune placed Sora into the tub and I said to him.

"Keep a hold of him, Masamune and whatever you do, don't let him escape."

"Understood."

Sora barked and whimpered before began to wash his fur with Masamune's help. Sora finally went quiet as I continued to wash his fur.

"Does he usually act like this?"

"Sometimes but, when we were still living in Canada, Sora was usually calm and he did as he was told. Why he started acting like this is probably because we moved to this country and I think it kinda upset him. I guess some animals don't like change and this guy is one of them."

I said as I ran my fingers through his fur to scrub the soap in. Once I was done, Sora jumped out of the tub and then he shook his fur soaking me and Masamune.

"Gah!! hey Sora!"

"Hey watch it, buddy!"

Sora barked at us like he was laughing and then I got one of the towels and I began to dry him off.

"Sorry about that, Masamune."

"Oh don't worry about it, it's only water."

Once Sora was dried off, I put his collar back on and then Masamune asked me.

"Anyway Lass, what are you up to tomorrow?"

"Nothing much, Nobunaga has given me the day off tomorrow, why?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go for a ride tomorrow, it'll do you some good to get out of the castle for a while and I can teach you how."

Sora and I stared at him suspiciously. Masamune sweatdropped and he asked me.

"Why are you two giving me those looks?"

"We can't help it, Masamune, what are you up to?"

"Nothing! is it bad for me to spend some time with the new girl around here?"