Abandoned

Camila's POV

I take a sip of my red wine as I wait for Lauren. The bell rings from the front entrance and I see Lauren. She looks up from her phone and smiles at me. Once we got here Lauren forgot that she left her wallet at home so she had to go get it. I stand up as she comes over.

"Hi," I said wrapping my arms around her torso.

"Hi, sorry I took long."

Lauren sits down across from me smiling apologetic.

"It's fine don't worry about it," I smile.

The waiter comes by taking our drinks and orders. Me and Lauren are talking for a while as we wait for our food.

Lauren's POV

"Lauren come in, we have a problem I heard the officers said they spotted Red Skull near by you."

I sigh as I hear what Shawn told me on my earpiece. I lied about telling Camila I had to get my wallet. In fact Shawn urgently texted me he had to give me something important. I put on a smile for Camila seeing her taking a sip from her wine. I admire her beauty since she's distracted drinking.

"So what do you do cause you have a lot of free time in your hands," Camila chuckles.

"I'm a.." I trail off, "A uh... Photographer."

"Really? Can I see some of your works," She smiles.

"One day!"

The waiter comes with our food and our drinks putting it down on our table. He leaves after giving us a polite smile.

"Lauren can I ask you something?" Camila asked.

"Anything," I smile.

"What will you do if you fell in love with a superhero?"

"I never encountered a super hero but if I did, if I fell in love with them I'll go for what my heart wants," I said.

"But there's another problem," Camila interrupts, "I like someone, a normal person."

"And who's that person?" I asked.

Camila blushes, "Would you get freaked out?"

"No."

"I like you," Camila smiles.

I sigh in relief, "I like you too Camila."

I move my chair so that I'm now next to her. I cup Camila's face as our lips are inches away. But as if God hates me we hear an explosion outside. Everyone starts panicking and I hear scared screams outside. Me and Camila pull away as everyone in the restaurant start abandoning the place.

"Come on we have to get out of here," I whisper.

We get up with our things and I take hold of Camila's hand.

"Hold on to me as much as you can," I whisper in her ear.

Camila's POV

I start leading me and Lauren to the exit of the restaurant. I feel her hand slip out of mine from the crowd. I stop as I finally made it outside but can't see her anywhere. I hear a thud next to me and I see Wonder Woman.

"You can't stay standing here we need you to get to safety," She says.

"It's you," I smile.

"I saw you in the crowd and I couldn't help but come to you," She smiles.

We hear another explosion and a car flying our way. Wonder Woman helps me duck as the car crashes into the building. She picks me up as concrete of the building falls right where we were.

"Come with me," She whispers.

She leads me into a dark alley way and pulls me in there.

"Be safe as you go through here," She whispers.

She was about to leave but I grab her arm. I cup her face and plant a tender kiss on her lips.

"Good luck," I whisper as I pull away.

"Be safe," She whispers.

"You too."

Wonder Woman kisses my lips one more time as she disappears around the corner. I frown as I think how Lauren abandoned me there when I was so scared. She left me all alone.

I turn around and start walking down the alley way. A man wearing all black jumps in front of me with a pocket knife up to my neck.

"Empty your pockets," He demands.

As in panic I do what he told me to do. I hand him all the expensive jewelry I have on and all of my money. He pockets them and eyes me up and down.

"Ah your such a pretty lady," He says, "Come here."

He roughly grabs me by the waist as I panic and try to get out of his grip. I scream for help as I feel the knife on my abdomen.