Smithereens

Camila's POV

I shiver under the blanket the paramedics gave me. Shawn is in his normal clothes and Liam is too. They come over to me, Liam giving me a mug of hot chocolate.

"I'm so sorry," Shawn whispers, "But she always wanted to die as a hero not someone who didn't do anything to save a person's life."

"I wish I told her sooner," I whisper.

"Told her what?" Shawn asks.

"That I loved her," I whisper, feeling a tear fall down, "We never even made it official."

"I'm so sorry," Shawn says hugging me and I return it.

"Boss we got some movement," We hear an officer.

I pay attention biting my lip. Shawn rubs my arm comfortably and I smile at him.

Lauren's POV

I groan removing the cement brick above me. I free my legs spitting out the dust. I see flashlights meaning I'm almost out. I push the left over cement as strong as I can.

"We got a surviver!" I hear an officer.

"Guns up!" I hear the chief.

I cough the dust out covering my eyes from the light.

"It's Wonder Woman!" I hear the officer.

People cheer, some crying of relief that I made it out of this shit hole.

"Hold fire!" The chief says and they all put their guns down.

Camila's POV

My eyes widen and I take the blanket off, handing the mug to Shawn. Lauren meets eyes with me and she smiles. I run up to her and pull her into a kiss immediately.

Lauren kisses me back and everyone cheers. Paramedics come over and she smiles at them.

"I'm fine," She reassures them.

They nod smiling warmly at her, and leave.

"I didn't think you would make it," Liam says.

"Never doubt Wonder Woman," She says making me smile.

I hug Lauren and she wraps me warmly in her arms.

"Let's get out of here," She whispers to me.

"Let's."

"Till we see again Wonder Woman," Shawn bows, making Lauren laugh.

She holds tight onto me and lifts up flying in the sky as people below us cheer.

Once we get to her hide out she puts me down on the roof top. Lauren gets out of her gear and I see the girl I fell in love with.

She sits next to me making me smile. Lauren meets my eyes and I see a sparkle in them.

"What?" She asks with a smile.

"Nothing..." I whisper, "I'm just..."

"Admiring me?" She smiles, finishing my sentence.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask.

Lauren takes my hand in her's interlocking our fingers.

"I'll die as a hero Camila... It's what I'm meant for," Lauren whispers.

"I know," I whisper, I frown.

"But I will always be with you, I promise."

We hear a gust of wind and we look behind us.

"Dinah?" Lauren says confused.

"Lauren!" She smiles, "Miss."

"What are you doing here?" Lauren asks.

"Came to see Mani but also..." Dinah says, "I came for you."

"Why me?"

"I made a promise to your parents, I can't let this keep going," Dinah says.