Secrets Don't Last

Camila's POV

I twirl my fork around on the table as I wait for Lauren. I check my watch to see she was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago.

"Are you ready to order ma'am?" The waiter asks.

"Just give me one more hour," I smile politely at him.

"Yes ma'am, more wine?"

"Yes please."

He takes my empty wine glass smiling warmly at me and leaves. I let out a huge sigh resting my head on the table. I hear the doors to restaurant open making me perk my head up. To my disappointment it's just another lovely couple.

"Your wine ma'am," The waiter comes back, putting my now full glass wine on the table.

"Thank you!"

"You know if your date doesn't arrive in an hour the bill is on us," He smiles.

"No, no that's okay," I smile.

"No we insist!" He smiles warmly at me.

"Okay only if she doesn't arrive."

Lauren's POV

I take down the guy hearing his spin crack. I flinch and stand up. I hear painful groans coming from around the corner where Shawn disappeared too.

I run around the corner to see him bleeding out. I swiftly grab my rope as it wraps around my victim hovering over Shawn. In one swing he lands on the brick wall.

I kneel down and put pressure on the gunshot.

"We have to get you out of here," I whisper.

Shawn coughs out blood and grips my shoulder as I pick him up. When we finally arrive at his car, couple blocks away, I help him into the passengers side.

I get in the driver's side and start driving to our hideout, which is also our actual home. Once we get there I turn the car off going to his side. I see his eyes are closed and I immediately panic. I check Shawn's pulse and sigh in relief.

"He's just passed out," I whisper.

"What happened?" I hear behind me.

I turn around to see Ally.

"He got shot, he's passed out we need to get it treated," I said.

"Come," She says helping me get him out.

Once we arrive we got to our clinic to see my doctor and best friend Zayn.

"Gunshot," I told him.

Zayn nods and helps me put him on the hospital bed.

"Lauren," Ally grabs my arm.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Did you forget you had a date with Camila?" She asks.

My eyes widen and I quickly change. I check the time to see I'm 55 minutes late.

"Fuck, take care of him," I told Zayn.

"Yes ma'am," He rolls his eyes but smiles.

"Bye," I whisper hugging Ally.

"Bye, good luck."

10 minutes later, I finally arrive at the restaurant to see Camila leave. I turn my car off and get out.

"Camila!" I call out.

She ignores me and keeps walking. I jog over to now be in front of her causing her to stop.

"Camila," I whisper cupping her face.

"Don't touch me," She hisses breaking my heart.

"Camila, I'm sorry," I whisper.

"A sorry isn't gonna cut it," She says finally looking up at me.

Camila gets out of my grip and walks around me. I spin her around and she crashes against my body. Camila let's out a whine and I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I need to tell you something," I whisper.

"Like what? That you don't actually like me?" She responds.

"No of course not, I mean I do like you, but it's something you have to know," I whisper.

"I don't wanna hear it," She responds.

"Camila please," I plead.

Camila's eyes meet mine and she sighs.

"Okay tell me," She whispers.

"Okay but not here," I whisper taking her hand in mine, interlocking our fingers.

Minutes later we finally arrive back at the warehouse.

"Lauren are you plotting my death?" Camila jokes.

"I would have done that long ago," I joke back.

Camila rolls her eyes and walks ahead of me. We go inside and she looks around.

"Okay what is this?" She asks turning to me.

"My hideout and my home," I respond, taking her to my room.

"What kind of weird shit are you on?" She asks.

"Nothing," I respond.

I open the door to my room and her eyes widen.

"Okay this does not look like a storage room in a warehouse," She says.

I hug her from behind interlocking our fingers. I kiss her neck and she whines.

"Camila," I whisper, walking so I'm now in front of her.

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you the reason why I didn't arrive at dinner," I whisper.

"Go ahead," She says sitting down on my bed.

"I-I'm Wonder Woman..."