finding my soulmate-Roman's POV

"-and that is why Isaac Newton didn't have a soulmate, thus is why he died a virgin" Yep. Totally not because he was the nerd that invented calculus. As much as I love learning about soulmates, I hate this class. We only learn about the people that don't have them. People that have never had a song in their head connecting them to another person to forever love.

The bell rang and I quickly picked up my books and shoved it in my backpack. Lunchtime. The best time. I quickly ran through the crowd of people to the bleachers and picnic tables outside. I looked around for a moment and spotted my friends. I ran over to the picnic table and sat down. "Greetings and salutations"

"There you are Roman, thought you got lost or something." Joan laughed.

"How could I get lost? I've been here my whole life" I laughed.

"People sometimes lose their heads and completely forget themselve." My friend, Emile, pointed out.

"Especially you. You get so caught up in researching soulmates, or drama club, or something else and you forget where you are sometimes." Thomas said as he took a bite of his sandwhich.

"Shut up" I laughed and threw a grape at him. The tree of them started another conversation as I pulled out a book and my phone. Soulmate Songs. The book basically talked about the science (or whatever) behind the songs. I went onto Twitter and looked to see if anyone found their soulmate. Such a beautiful thing. Being destined to be together with someone forever. Although most can argue that soulmates are stupid and we should love who we love, I think that they're beautiful. Or maybe it's just the song part of it?

I thought back to this morning when I woke up around 4am and hummed myself back to sleep with my song. I couldn't wait to meet my soulmate. I bet they're amazing.

{time skip}

I looked at the clock and started counting down the seconds. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. aaaannddd... there's the bell. I put my notebook in my bag as the teacher told us the homework before we all swarmed out of the classroom for the weekend.

I put all my stuff in my locker and started heading out. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through some soulmate stories on Instagram. I hope I find my soulmate some day. I started lightly singing the magical lyrics making sure that nobody could hear me.

( italic is Roman, Bold is Virgil)

"You and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky

With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song
I'm just a sad song"

Funny how my soulmate song is literally talking about a sad song. But I know my soulmate isnt dead. I know that they're still alive. My song is a duet so my soulmate is alive. I slowed down by a building and leaned on a wall. I wish they were her right no-

"With you, I fall

It's like I'm leaving all my past and silhouettes up on the wall
With you, I'm a beautiful mess
It's like we're standing hand and hand with all our fears up on the edge