You Like Him- Virgil's POV

School passed by fairly normal after that thing with Roman, Dee, and....Remus! I know his name now. Dee told us to head back to the house while he met up with his friend or some shit. So here we are. I'm sitting on top of the fridge eating Fruit Loops while Remy blasted Teenage Dream from the livingroom. I don't see why Dee doesn't trust us.

YellowBish: Ima be late. Those people from the hallway want to talk or something
PurpRaccoon: k
YellowBish: k? what's going on? *read*

I put my phone back down and continued eating my cereal. This is fun. I wish I could spend all my life up here eating my cereal. But life isn't like that and I have to get down eventually.

And by down I mean people just have to call you the moment you're finally enjoying life for the first time in forever. I checked who was calling to see 'Father' flashing on the screen. "REMY TURN DOWN THAT DAMN SONG!! FATHER IS CALLING!" He perked his head up and immediately turned the music off. I put the phone on speaker to allow him to hear. "Hello?"

"Hello Virgil, Is Remington with you?"

"Yea I'm here." Remy said as he crawled on top of the counter beside the fridge.

"I'm just calling to check on you guys? Is Demetrius doing his job?"

"Yep. He's in the bathroom right now" I said, y'know, like a liar. "Is there anything you need?"

"As I said before, I'm just checking on you two. How has school been?" I looked at Remy and he just shrugged. Father is acting weird.

"It's been fine. Nothing exciting." I decided not to tell father about my soulmate or anything else for that matter. I don't want to explain what happened. I heard some muffled speaking throught the phones before father spoke again.

"I have to go. Goodbye"

"Later" Remy and I said.

Remy hopped off the counter and started walking back to livingroom. I sighed and started climbing off the fridge. "Yo Rem, wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure, what movie?" He flopped down on the couch and turned the tv to Disney+. "Lion King? Big Hero 6?"

"I was thinking Maleficent or Ratatouille" He looked at me.
And I looked at him.
And he looked at me.
And I looked at him.

"WE ARE NOT WATCHING RATATOUILLE!!"

"WELL I DON'T WANNA WATCH BIG HERO 6!!"

"I'M OLDER AND THE AUTHORS FAVORITE SO I GET TO PICK WHAT PG MOVIE WE'RE WATCHING."

"I'M CLOSER TO NEEDING PARENTAL GUIDANCE SO I GET TO PICK WHICH PG MOVIE WE'RE WATCHING!!!"

"I'M CLOSER TO BEING A PARENTAL FIGURE SO I CAN GIVE YOU GUIDANCE! I GET TO PICK THE MOVIE!"

"DEMETRIUS IS YOUNGER THAN BOTH OF US SO HE NEEDS THE MOST GUIDANCE!"

"SO WHY DON'T WE CALL HIM AND SEE WHAT MOVIE HE WANTS TO WATCH!"

"FINE!"

"FINE!"

I pulled out my phone a texted Dee.

PurpRaccoon: rems is being an asshole and we gonna murder each other
PurpRaccoon: unrelated but wheres the key to the gun cabinet?
YellowBish: S T O P ! i'll be there in a few

I handed my phone to Remy so he could read the texts. He flicked me on my forehead and we both laid on opposite sides of the couch, glaring at each other the whole time.

{time skip brought by this bitch empty}

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" I looked behind me to Demetrius who happened to have just gotten back from whatever the hell he was doing.