the past- Remy's POV

My little bro is confusing as fuck. Earlier today he found his soulmate and the first thing he does it threaten him.

I let out a chuckle. At least his soulmate is still alive.

Years ago (Remy is 9)

"Don't worry Rem. I won't bother you anymore." I wondered what he means by that. Wait, why do I care? I hate him right now. He ran off, probably going to his house. I don't care. It's not my fault he's a meanie. My does he have to be my soulmate?

I started walking home. At least Virgil will be there for me. He's always there for me. The park was nearby. I need a break before I go home. I walked over to the swings and sat down on one of them. I gently pushed myself forward. I sighed and dragged my feet on the ground stopping the swing. I looked up at the sky. There were a few dark clouds coming. Probably rain. I better find somewhere.

I looked around and soon found a coffee shop near the park to go into. Starbucks? Must be west coast. I went inside. Not much people. A few girls, some boys, and the workers. I still have a few bucks in my pocket. Maybe I can order something. Father wouldn't like me drinking coffee....meh.

"Hello dear. Where's your parents?"

"Home. Can I get a coffee?" She hesitated and looked around. Looks like she wont sell to a kid. Does she even know who my father is? I quickly shook the thoughts out of my head and threw a fifty dollar bill on the counter. She looked at me like I was the fricking pope. Whoever that is. I just know he's some famous dude in England or something.

"Where did you get this dear?"

"My father. Can I have a coffee?" she slowly nodded and took the money.

"Just one?" I thought for a minute and shook my head. "How many?"

"As many as that'll get me" maybe I could die of a coffee overdose or maybe father will forgive me for drinking coffee if I bought him one.

"Which kind?" She motioned towards a menu. How are there so many coffee's?

"I dont care right now. Suprise me" She nodded.

"Name?"

"Remy" should I tell her my last name? Nah.

A few minutes passed with her and some other workers making coffee or something. "Remy!" I walked up to the counter and all I could say is; I've never seen so much drinks at once in my life. There was maybe ten whole coffee cups filled with coffee in front of me. "you okay sugar? Gonna need some help?" I shook my head.

"Do you have a phone I could borrow. I need to call someone." She nodded and handed my her cell. I typed in my dads number.

"Hello?"

"Father. Can you pick me up?"

"Remington? Where are you? Who's phone are you using?"

"I'm at the coffee place near the park. Can you pick me up?"

"I'll send Gabe. Wait there." He hung up. I handed the lady's phone back.

"I have someone coming to get me." she nodded and went back to her business.

Gabe arrived a few minutes later and was suprised at how much coffee I had. I drank about three cups before he got here and was now a bit hyper. He helped me anyways. Probably because father is his boss or because I know how to shoot with good accuracy. I waved goodbye to the nice lady that gave me my coffee before jumping in the car.