Hang Out- Virgil's POV

That was...fun? Is that the right word? I don't know. It was nice to hang out I guess. I'm still thinking about Roman and Remus' dads being the guy that was making puns at the cafe and a fucking scientist. Damn. Wish father were as cool as them...wait. Father's a crime boss. Wonder what he's doing right now.

"Hey father" I said into the the phone.

"Virgil? Is something wrong?"

"No. Just...wondering how you're doing." He was silent for a minute before talking.

"I'm fine. How are you?" How the hell do I respond to that? Mentally I'm meh. Physically I'm alright. Emotionally I'm unstable. Do I tell him about my soulmate?

"Just a little tired. I made friends at school"

"Do they want money? Protection? To call the police? Have you been carrying your pocketknife?"

"It's okay father, they're...strange. I mean different. It's not like I'm going to invite them to the house anytime soon"

"Okay. I have to go."

"Okay...Later dad"

I hurried to hang up. I relaxed on my bed and closed my eyes. I started humming a song. Not my soulmate song. Another song that means way more. But of course that had to be ruined. Someone knocked on my door.

"What?"

"You need your pills dumbass" Dee's voice came from the other side before he opened it and sat on my bed. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing" I sighed. "Aren't you s'pose to take the thing off now?"

"What thing?" He asked while pulling out to pills. He handed them to me before thinking for a minute. "Oh yeah. I hate this."

"I would assume so." I said then swallowed the pills and took a drink from the water bottle by my bed. "Okay get outta my room."

"Goodnight raccoon"

"Goodnight halfy"

{time skip brought by welcome to bible study}

I woke up from my phone ringing. Who the hell is calling me at 2:38 in the damn morning? I picked up the phone and sighed when I saw the contact. "What's up Remus?"

"Is it bad to like two people? Follow up question, is it bad to not even know who one of those people are?" Well technically you only like one person, I thought.

"You walking with us tomorrow again?" I asked.

"Yeah, might bring Roman though. Dad's gotta get to work early and papa has his weird scientist shit."

"You owe me a poptart then."

"I'm fine with that emo. I gotta get back to my house."

"Later trashy"

"Later purp man"

I sighed and put my phone back on my table. I'm not getting sleep tonight. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through some old videos. I grabbed my earbuds and plugged them in before clicking a video and setting my phone down.

Why whenever I try to relax someone just has to interrupt?

"Vee, was that you?" A sleepy Remys asked while walking into my room.

"Go back to sleep Rem"

"Ha, REM sleep. And no thanks babes, you're awake and woke me up so I ain't doing shit until you do shit." He said flopping on my bed. "Whatcha watching?" He slid next to me and pulled an earbud out of my ear. We listened to the song and fell asleep. Huh, I guess I did get sleep.