Signup- Virgil's POV

We come out here for a presentation thing while they did something to the classrooms and now almost all the high school was betting on something. I don't even know what. People were taking out what money they have right now and signing papers. There were four papers that different students were signing while Roman and I watched from the sidelines.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed. Remy poked his head out from the crowd and started commanding people to let him through.

"You called?" He approached me with his hands behind his back and strutting like he did when he was trying out new outfits at the mall.

"What the hell is going on? What are these papers and why is everyone bringing money?" I questioned. Roman moved to stand by me, with a respectable amount of space.

"You didn't get any of what I just said? Oh well guess I have to explain it. Since both of you signed up for the competition thing I decided that you'll do it as partners. Now people are betting on who backs out or if you guys back out. Whichever team wins the bet will get all the money. Of course the readers are taking part in this too but instead of money they'll be getting whatever the hell the author can come up with."

"Oh god not you too" I heard Roman mutter. "I still don't understand what we get out of this."

"Well..." Remy paused for a second.

"Whoever backs out has to do whatever punishment the other can think of." Willow cut in. "Sorry, I just overheard your conversation and that seemed to be what this one said before the crowd started forming."

"Punishment?" I looked at Roman. "What if neither of us back out? Or both?" Remy opened his mouth to answer but immediately closed it to think.

"Wish I could help but I have to meet up with Olive... Tell Dee I said bye" She went up to one of the helpers and said something before walking out to the parking lot. Remy looked back to the crowd and immediately went to stand up on the table.

"Yo! I need ideas for what happens if these two back out! Or neither of them back out I honestly don't care!" He shouted. Students started murdering to each other before a few raised their hands. Who knew Remy can control a whole damn school so well to actually shut the hell up and respect someone. Even if that someone is only seventeen years old. "You" Remy pointed at one of the people that raised their hand.

"If both of them quit we could pick the punishment!" A voice I recognized as Talyn from my art class shouted. Remy pointed to another person.

"If neither of them back out they can dunk you in water" Someone laughed. Maybe this wont be so bad. A few other people came up with ideas before Remy got tired and sat down on the table.

He mumbled something about readers before getting up and walking back to the table people were signing the papers at.

{time skip brought by you're not coming to my tea party?}

It was lunch now. The principal let us back into the school a little while after whatever that was happened so we went on with our regular classes. I was sitting under the tree I've been sitting at since Remy made me socialize with those people. I was currently humming the song that I now remembered the name of and honestly, I was strangely at peace with myself.

But then god decided to pull a 180 on my ass.

"Hey Virgey" I opened my eyes and saw Remus approaching me.

"Whaddya need weirdo?"

"Well besides more lyrics for the song the elmo cult is making and air to breathe...nothing much."

"Then what're you doing here? You never approach me"

"Damn Virgil. Just wanna get to know you. You are my brothers soulmate and all so I just wanna get to know you." They're brothers? How the hell did I not notice this before? Or did i just forget? I suddenly got an idea.