Fights and Fights-Emile's POV

TW: homophobic slurs, abuse I guess? angry Remy

I skipped down the hallway on my way to Roman's locker. I stopped when I saw Virgil there. They were probably talking about the singing competition at the animal shelter. But Virgil seemed to be mad at something Roman said. I started walking a little closer to hear what they were saying.

"I suggest you stop talking about something you know nothing about."

"I just said that people without soulmates are probably sad humans that don't love. I'm just saying that's what I read. And some people die without knowing their soulmates often sleep around trying to fill that void. It's just what I read."

"I said stop talking before I drag you to hell"

"What's got you so moody?" I think Roman just screwed up. I saw Virgil raise his hand but no more than that. I ran the other way. There is no way Virgil is ever going to talk to Roman after that. I should talk to them later.

{time skip brought by when theres too much drama at school}

I layed down on my bed rewatching old Steven Universe episodes. Mama had to go to work so I was home alone for now. I thought back to what Dee had said two days ago. I should probably be thinking about how to talk to Roman or Virgil but I can't seem to get my mind off what Dee said. It's not possible to get a new soulmate, right? No. They would've taught us about by now. But school has failed to teach about things before. I looked at my phone deciding whether to call Remy or not. He usually helps when I'm feeling like this. But it's my job to help. I decided against calling and just continued watching the crystal gems fight Jasper.

Until he got home.

"Where the fuck are you fag?" I jumped up. I thought he would go to the pub like he usually did. "You better not be watching those gay cartoons!" I heard footsteps coming down the hallway so I quickly turned off the tv and pretended I was doing math homework. He slammed open my door and walked over to me. He grabbed a fistful of my hair and made me face him. "You're a fucking disgrace and nobody will ever love you." With that he walked out of my room and probably went to get drunk in the livingroom.

I fell forward onto the floor and cried like the crybaby I am. I held onto myself and sat there for who knows how long. I heard my phone ringing but I didn't bother to look who was calling. My sons turned into silent tears but I sat there. My phone stopped ringing but as soon as it did, it started again. I let it ring out again but whoever it was wouldn't stop calling.

"Stop the damn noise boy!" My father screamed. I hurried to see who was calling.

Unknown

I debated between answering it or just ignoring it. I clicked the green button and held the phone up to my ear. "Is this Emile Vanta?" They asked. I blushed at Remy's last name but quickly answered before he came back into my room

"Emile Picani? Who is this?"

"Damn, you been crying? You okay broski? It's Remus by the way." Of course it is. "Nevermind I read part of your last chapter. Anyways, what kind of flowers would you want at your wedding?"

"Why?"

"Because I asked."

"Tulips I guess, or chrysanthemums."

"Okay. Look, I'm going to call Remy for you since you're probably not going to do it yourself. I'mgoingtogobeforeyouhavethechancetotellmeotherwisebyyyeeeeee!" He hung up.