That Line- Virgil's POV

Father called and told us nobody was going to pick us up from school. Stupid really. This morning he said Matt would pick us up and here we are, sitting outside the school getting ready to walk home. Remy looked a little down but I can't figure out why.

"You wanna stop at Starbucks?"

"I thought you were getting better with this coffee addiction?"

"Please Virge! I need coffee in my life!"

"Fine" He smiled and started walking away from the school. I sighed and started following him. It was only 3:50 I don't see why we can't take our time. He typed the nearest Starbucks into google maps and led the way. You would think this idiot would have all Starbucks in the state memorized.

We walked around town a bit before Remy stopped. I didn't see any coffee shops around here. Why is he stopping- oh.

I looked to where he was staring to see a movie theater. It looked like an average theater but the memories around it aren't so great. I looked back up at my brother to see him nearly on the brink of tears. I grabbed his arm and started leading him away. "Come on Rem. It's okay. Let's get your coffee and go home"

We walked a bit more, avoiding the park, and went into a random coffee shop. It wasn't Starbucks but it was a nice small shop. There were a few pastries on the counter and a few workers behind the counter. I led Remy to the counter and looked up at the menu.

"Pick something Rem. We don't have all day" he chuckled a bit and looked up at the menu.

"Just get me a simple mocha. I don't really care as long as I get coffee." I laughed and looked at the worker behind the register.

"Mocha and a hot chocolate. Can I get some of those cookies too?"

"Of course kiddo. And I can't espresso how good these cookies taste." Did he just- he did. He made a coffee pun.

"Umm...yea..." i let out a small laugh and looked up at the barista.

"Anyways, that'll be 9 dollars and 49 cents." I handed him a ten dollar bill. "Name?"

"Virgil"

With that I turned and dragged Remy to a random table in the corner of the shop. We sat across from each other not saying anything. I waited for a moment before tapping his shoulder. He shook his head coming out of his trance and looked at me.

"Remy no"

"Wha- I didn't even do anything"

"I'm stopping you before you do do something" he sighed and let out a small laugh. He knew that I knew what he was thinking. I let out my own laugh, "I hate you"

"I love you too bro"

"we're not even friends"

What? Why the hell- no. I dont wanna think about that right now. He's my soulmate. I don't like soulmates. I have all I need. I don't want to be forced into loving someone. Or worse.

I said it and I meant it. I don't know that guy and I don't want to know him. Just stop thinking about it Virgil. Do something else.

I started humming a song and looked out the window. I don't know what song I'm humming and in all honesty, I dont care. I shouldn't think too much about it.

A few minutes passed and I heard the barista yell out my name. As I walked up to the counter I thought about how the hell no one here realizes that we're are literally the sons of the most feared person in town. Humans are stupid.

I walk up to the counter and grab the drinks, and my cookie, and walk back to Remy without saying anything. "Come on Remy. Take your coffee, get up, and let's go home. I dont wanna be in public any longer. These people arent my...people" He sighed but stood up grabbing his coffee and started walking to the door with me following shortly behind.