Demetrius?- Roman's POV

I love the reactions to the Elmo Chapter🖤 All bow down to Remus the Duke of breaking the fourth wall

It's been a week. I've tried talking to Virgil but he just ignores me. Does he really hate soulmates so much as to completely ignore his own? I wish I knew why he doesn't like them, maybe I can fix it. Remy came to our table a few times but he refuses to tell me why the emo nightmare doesn't like soulmates. Whenever I bring it up he just acts like he didn't hear me or try to change the topic. Emile has also been acting weird. He's been a bit more quiet when it's just Thomas, Joan, and I but when Remy or anyone else is around he acts just like his usual cartoon loving theripist friend self. I need to talk to him.

"Roman!" I look up to see Remus standing at the end of my bed. "Finally. Fuck, I've been trying to get your attention for a few minutes now. Stop staring at the ceiling, it's dinner time." I sighed and sat up.

"Remus have you noticed anything weird happening?"

"Are you talking about the whiteboard under my mattress that holds the plans for this book because the author can't remember shit but she'll probably abandon anyway cuz fuck da police?

"What? Nevermind. I'm talking about everyone. Emile's been quieter, Remy's avoiding the questions about why Virgil doesn't like soulmates, Virgil's constantly walking across the hall or courtyard just to ignore me, and I didn't even mention everyone bowing down to Remy wherever he goes." Remus stayed silent for a moment.

"Nope! Come on we're having mac and cheese tonight!" He walked out of the room leaving me sitting on my bed. I sighed again and walked to the dining room.

"Roman, you're never late for dinner, is something upsetting you?" Father asked.

"Well besides what Remus did on Friday, just that everyone's acting a bit weird." I responded without looking up from my plate.

"Weird? How so? Also what did Remus do on Friday?"

"what I did on friday? Just read the extra chapter to find out. And Roman's just talking about Emile talking less, Remy isn't telling him something, his soulmate doesn't like him, and everyone in the damn school is literally bowing down to Remy." Remus explained. I still don't understand why he keeps talking about chapters, readers, or some author. He's so weird.

"Who is Remy?" Father asked, "my first guess would've been him being Roman's soulmate but you talked as if his soulmate is a different person so I am only to assume Remy is another new kid at your school."

"Don't assume anything about Remy" I said referring to when he first introduced himself. "It gets scary" he had a questioning look but soon brushed it off.

"So, this soulmate, they do not like you?"

"No" I sighed.

"It'll be okay kiddo. I'm sure they'll love you when they get to know you" Dad said in his usual happy self.

"I hope so..."

{time skip to skewl}

Remus won't leave me alone. He's been bugging me about something this whole morning. I don't even know what he's talking about anymore. He started this morning when I woke up by talking about something weird that happened on one of his two in the morning strolls. Something about a raccoon eating a squirrel?

"Hey Roman!" I looked to see Joan, Emile, and Thomas waving me over.

"How was your weekend?" Thomas asked.

"It was okay. Not much except for Fridays thing," I answered. Emile looked at me with a questioning face as Remus burst out in a fit of giggles. "Its nothing I can explain" they seemed to question that for a moment before Joan looked as if they remembered something important.