•16: Pardon?•

Okay. So maybe having a heated make out in the bathroom during a family gathering is not a good idea. Specially when they were so into it that they were almost about to do it right then and there but thank the almighty creator who knocked some senses into their sex-filled brains because they were able to stop, leaving the cubicle with their clothed erection. 

They hurriedly tried to fix themselves because of a certain someone suddenly entering the bathroom but fuck, Taehyung and Jungkook went back looking like they have been attacked by a group of wild muscular bunnies and everyone just gave them a questioning look. Just look but not really confronting them head on. 

At least everyone knows how to read the situation and most understood that they are just young mates with an uncontrollable high libido that takes over their minds and thus, pushing them to do some things without minding the 'when' and 'where' part. 

Jungkook actually showed some embarrassment seeing how his pack mates looked at him. He just sighed and continued to stay quiet while drinking wine, hoping it would at least make him feel better. 

He was too bored and exhausted. It's just a Jungkook thing, hating everything that has to do with socializing. He learned a lot about proper ways of dealing with different kinds of people from being a businessman. But the difference is, he gains something from socializing with work-related people while he thinks that mingling with his own relatives and pack mates doesn't benefit him at all. What a heartless guy. 

So, he just drank his exhaustion away and for the first time, though he may never admit it, he actually appreciated Taehyung's presence. He practically spent the night watching Taehyung entertain his family with the usual endless yapping about almost everything and anything. 

Jungkook was most thankful to the fact that Taehyung speaks for him or just naturally takes away all the attention of the crowd either because of the vampire's undisputed charisma or because of what Taehyung talks about is really interesting. But it doesn't matter, as long as they leave him alone and let him dwell with his own thoughts is enough, it's what he wished for. 

He just stared at his mate and wondered how Taehyung clearly fits well with the pack as if it was the most natural thing to happen. Jungkook was even surprised by the fact that his father, who was very much like him, a dull business man but nicer, was actually having fun conversing with Taehyung. Everybody just loves Kim Taehyung except him because he always thinks that Taehyung is an annoying little fucker who always provokes him. 

But something was different tonight. Maybe it was because he drank too much wine or that he's really bored or maybe it's all part of the act that Jungkook decided to scoot closer to Taehyung and put his arms around the vampire's waist.

Taehyung flinched a little in surprise but he didn't put so much thought into it because it's such a great gesture to make people believe that they are indeed dating. 

Jungkook's other hand still holds a wine glass, drinking in an elegant manner while giving obliged reactions from time to time and his other hand was comfortably positioned on Taehyung's waist. 

Jungkook finished drinking another wine and decided that's his last for the night. Without the glass of wine distracting him, his eyes landed on his mate, not really wanting to look at his own relatives because for him, it's too awkward. Staring at his beautiful mate is much better than having to meet the eyes of his pack mates. 

So he stared at Taehyung and once again, he was mesmerized. It was the Jungkook stare that was taking details of Taehyung's perfect features but what's different now is that he also noticed how cute Taehyung's boxy smile is or how he licks his lips as a habit and the way his big eyes disappear when he smiles or laughs, oh, yeah, his laugh. Jungkook finds Taehyung's laugh really adorable and even the way the older's hands move when he's talking is also fascinating for Jungkook.