•27: We Roll •

"...mmm..hah...hah....ugh.." 

The grunts and shaky breathing filled the dark, spacious room where Taehyung was being kept for the past three nights, doing nothing but receiving harsh punches, slaps and whipping. He's not allowed to eat but they give him water to drink, though he prefers to drink blood at the moment. It's a vampire's body reacting to survive. Once vampires experience having fatal blows or severe wounds or even serious illness, their body thirsts for blood because it can help them recover and quickly heal. So, vampires who couldn't drink enough blood to heal themselves could kiss their immortality goodbye and right now, Taehyung was so close to bidding goodbye. Good thing he's a royal blood, one of the strongest vampire genes. 

Taehyung was hanging in the middle of the dark room, arms raised and wrists chained, keeping him in the same upright position. He was covered with his own blood from the cuts and deep wounds. He felt exhausted and weak but he doesn't even think about his already life and death situation, rather, all he could actually think of is his family, friends and most specially, his mate.  The night before he was imprisoned, he called Jungkook saying he needed to go to America and probably stay there for an uncertain period of time because of an urgent emergency regarding clan matters that he knew the true blood would choose not to meddle with. And he was right. Jungkook didn't ask further and believed in his words, not knowing that he was actually at the dungeon of his grandfather's castle, being disciplined slash tortured for the past three days. 

Taehyung felt tired and he wanted nothing but to stay unconscious but his wounds hurt like a bitch and he's not used to it. In the past, if ever he's hurt or wounded, it would be painful but it wouldn't last for long since it heals fast. But being constantly hurt for the past days, tells a different story. The cuts aren't given time to heal, plus, the blood loss has a huge negative impact to a vampire's body, making the wounds seemingly permanent just like in a human body.  Good news though, the masked knight of King Dagan, Taehyung's grandfather, finally got tired of whipping the crowned vampire prince and decided to go out only to be met by Jimin who was always visiting his cousin. 

"Tae." Jimin said in a soft voice, looking at his best friend behind the bars, feeling his heart breaking into pieces that tears started flowing from his eyes. It was like that every time but he'll never get used to the sight of his best friend being hurt and the frustrating, painful feeling of the fact that he couldn't do anything. 

Taehyung tried his best to raise his head to look at Jimin, though his vision was blurry, and flash a weak smile. "Chim....y-your injuries?" He uttered, his voice sounding raspy, as if you could feel how dry his throat is while his chapped lips were trembling as if all his strength already left his body. 

Jimin wiped his tears, trying to compose himself. He took a deep breath and bit his lip to prevent his tears. 

"I'm completely healed. I'm a pure blood, y'know. I'm strong unlike you. So you should just worry about yourself, idiot." Jimin tried his best to sound so light but he really feels like he just wants to drop on his knees because of the heavy feeling in his chest and before he knew it, he was already sobbing, tears seemed to endlessly roll on his cheeks. 

"Hey...I'm being released this night. So....don't cry...You're uglier when you cry." Taehyung mumbled, chuckling a little, showing that he's okay, that's he's tough and that his Chim Chim doesn't have to worry at all. 

"Tae-" 

"Master said we're done." 

The masked knight said, opening the bar and releasing the prince from being chained as ordered by his master. Jimin immediately rushed towards Taehyung, who looked lifeless, and caught him before his body hits the ground.