31

A/N POV
You were analyzing data for your thesis on your desk.

"You aren't leaving today?" Ms Lee (your senior) questioned but you were so engrossed in your work that you didn't hear her.

"Y/n-shi" she nudged you.

"Oh! You startled me" you placed your hand on your chest to calm down.

"I'm sorry! I called you earlier but you were so into your work, so are you leaving or staying today?" She asked again.

"Ah! Sunbaenim! I'm thinking to complete this analysis today so I can complete the thesis soon" you replied while resuming your work.

But why are you using the wrong process" she pointed towards screen "I guess you are tired get some rest and continue it later" she suggested.

"Still I had to finish my work"

"You have a lot of time for your submission"

"Yes! I have"

"You should enjoy your time here while working, you seem quite stressed these days" se patted your shoulder lightly.
Usually she is more strict on interns 'what happened to her today' you thought.

"Let's have coffee and have a chat" she sat on the couch, you acquiesed with a smile to prepare instant coffee for both of you. You grabbed both mugs and went to sit on the couch in your office opposite to your senior.

Y/N POV
I sat in front of Ms Lee "have you done the round sunbaenim" I asked.

"Yeah! I have, now I'll go at 12 am to check on patients" she answered sipping her coffee.

"You really are a workaholic...Jennie and JungWoo always want an opportunity to leave early and here we have you" she chuckled nervously.

"I just thought to finish it earlier" I
Stated.

"I hope I'm not overstepping my limits but as your senior I'm noticing that you are exceptionally quite and stressed these days" she said sipping her coffee.

"S-stressed out" I stuttered " yeah I feel it" but confessed fidgeting with your fingers.

"Is everything fine back home r are you feeling home sick?" She showed her concern.

"Aniyo! Sunbae everything is fine there, I was just thinking to submit the report early so I can go back"

"Oh! So the problem is here?" She postulated.

"No" I  denied.

"I'm sorry if you don't feel comfortable to share and I'm pressuring you" she apologized, I remained silent at her this statement "did you visited some places in Seoul" she asked to lighten up the mood.

"Not much I don't get enough time" I replied smiling.

"What is the difference between life in America and here?"

"To me it's not a bid difference, mama is a pure Asian mom so we were taught all the Korean manners and language at childhood and papa he always supported mama".

"And what about your friends, did you have some Asian friends?"

"I didn't had much friends but they all were Americans"

"Ah!" She nodded " are you getting bored because of my questions?"

"No! No Ms. Lee" I shook my head.

"I was just trying to make you comfortable".

I felt like I was having a counseling session, Ms Lee is one of the best psychologist of this hospital and she gives best advices so I asked her the question which was bothering me.

"Ma'am what are your thoughts about love?"

"So this is bothering you? I would like to hear your thoughts first? She questioned back.

"I don't believe in love...I think people get attached to others because of release of oxytocin or something else but other than that love is nothing"I
told what I felt.

"I don't believe it, love is a pure connection, the love of parents for their children, love of siblings, friends it's more than mere release of a hormone, what type of love you are emphasizing?"

Love between a man and a woman" I  muttered.

"So this is the problem that made our miss y/n stressed" she smiled and continued "love is satisfaction and need at the same time, it's joy and agony, it's pain and healing, love is great it works wonders" she exacted.

"But love is betrayal, it breaks you and makes you weak" I felt rage.

"I don't think so, but the thing is I notice that you are scared of love" she accused.

"I don't believe in love so I'm not scared" I replied angrily.

"You are and you just denied so this means my assumption is correct...I'm sorry for my harsh words but y/n I'm here to help if you can talk to me" she verified.

"I- I don't know how should I tell you" i struggled with my words.

"Y/n you can trust me, it's difficult for you but you can think of me as a counselor and not your senior, I'd that keeps you at ease" she said softly.

"I trust you Ms Lee, I know your intentions are to help me but I don't know where to start"

"From where you feel the problem started"

"I have a friend, he kind of confessed to me but I rejected him" I accepted.

"Okay"

"But we decided to stay friends and we're pretty close to each other, one day I shouted at him...for...for asking my brother about my past" my voice was in audible at the end of sentence.

"My mind is all mixed up, after that day he hasn't talked to me properly but I feel attracted to him, my heart starts to beat faster, if he talks to other girls I feel my heart burning maybe I'm feeling guilty for shouting at him?? I questioned.

"Hmm~can you tell me about your past or the thing that stopped you from accepting this relationship?"

"I couldn't trust him I thought he was saying it for fun, back in school I faced a lot of problem and someone close betrayed me".

"Were you bullied?" I nodded "what you want to do now, if you like your friend now?"

"I don't feel he likes me anymore, if he had once a why should I feel bothered by this"

"It might be possible that he still likes you"

"How can I know about his feeling when I don't know about mine"

"I assume that you had some problem in your past relationship that lead to this and this is the only problem"

"Sunbae do you think someone can fall in love again?"

"Yes they can, you tell me why do you think you can't? Some people come to break us but some come to heal us"

"But now I think I lost the chance to be healed I regret everything I did" I held my face in my hands.

"Although it's going to be very unprofessional but just go and confess to him already I can tell you are head over heals for him"

"What will he think about me?"

"You will feel better after telling him how you feel whether he accepts or not"

"Thank you sunbaenim" I stood up to pack my things.

"See you on Monday"

"Thanks for helping me" i bowed and rushed out of the hospital.

Hey guys so I hope you guys like this part.
Enjoy and please vote and comment ❣️.